Disc-to-go

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tbf, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:30:47 GMT, "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.forge-mtb.com/discgo.asp?cat=FORGEMTB&product=FMBD001#

    IMHOP....bullocks!

    If you're frame hasn't been made for rear discs mounts I wouldn't put them on. The forces that act
    on the frame from rear disc are different, greater and more concentrated on the chain stay than your
    standard V's. You could be asking for broken frames IMO.

    Also, even though I love discs brakes, for the most part they just hold an extra pair of pads for
    me. Most of my braking probably %90 is up front. Unless I'm getting techy and need to do some
    stationary hops (apply full braking force front and back and hop like a bunny) V's will more than
    suffice for rear brakes.

    Why bother fecking up your frame with that BS?

    Peace, Bill

    :-]