Disco/Active Bay excluded from IPCT meeting..

whiteboytrash said:

-
What does Prudhomme know that we don't ? Facts ? Daily ?
He has an inside man at a top European centre that takes in unwated pet dogs - apparently they had a recent influx of dogs that all claim to have belonged to pro cyclists. Those dogs have been talking and they ain't saying "sausages".

whiteboytrash said:
- What does Prudhomme know that we don't ? Facts ? Daily ?
The ASO does not want the OP riders in the Tour, but they have ten times the politcal savvy as McQuaid. They knowing that details will probably leak out of OP before the Tour, so they are willing to wait for additional facts to strengthen their hand. There is no reason to act now.

In last year's Tour they also wanted the OP riders out and statements were made that their hands would not tremble. When the night of the long knives arrived they were content to let the teams, under pressure from the UCI. the ProTour, and undoubtedly the ASO itself, do the dirty work and thus protect themselves from any legal fallout. So far they have shown a deftness of action that the UCI seems incapable of.

It looks like Ullrich will have his DNA matched against some of the Puerto blood. If a match is made then it will deal a huge blow to the rest of the OP riders. Even the struggle of him battling to prevent DNA testing will cast further doubt on everyone involved with OP.

Bro Deal said:
It looks like Ullrich will have his DNA matched against some of the Puerto blood. If a match is made then it will deal a huge blow to the rest of the OP riders. Even the struggle of him battling to prevent DNA testing will cast further doubt on everyone involved with OP.
You're right, Ullrich's attempt to prevent the use of his DNA just looks like (and probably is) driven by the knowledge that if a test is made he will be definitively proved guilty. If he was truly 100% innocent he would have gone to Madrid of his own volition and offered his DNA for testing.

Bro Deal said:

I think it will put pressure on the other implicated riders to submit to DNA testing - whether his results are positive or negative. If they are positive, it will reinforce the notion that the other implicated riders are guilty too, and shouldn’t be allowed to avoid the same fate as JU. If JU’s sample doesn’t match the OP blood, it will obliterate the ridiculous arguments against DNA testing: (a) the authorities are out to “frame” innocent cyclists, (b) DNA testing is “unreliable and traumatic,” (c) submitting to a DNA test exposes a rider to “loss of privacy,” (d) etc. If JU is found innocent (I could be wrong, but I’m inclined to think he will be), then the other guys will have a hard time selling these lame arguments against not being tested themselves. Cycling fans will see that the guys who are innocent of OP doping can use DNA to squash suspicions about themselves and get on with their careers, with no negative consequences whatsoever. Then we can all ask the rest of these guys “Why wouldn’t you want the same positive outcome for yourself if you have nothing to hide?”

To Rolfrae: If JU's lawyers throw up some last-minute roadblock to testing his DNA, then doubts about him will only amplify.

fbircher said:
To Rolfrae: If JU's lawyers throw up some last-minute roadblock to testing his DNA, then doubts about him will only amplify.
I think you're right. The best thing for Ullrich would be to get the test over and done with. If it's negative he will reap the rewards. If it is positive then at least he can stop living a lie - maybe not ideal from a sporting perspective but from a personal, mental perspective it could be beneficial. If there is no test at all because his lawyers prevent it then nothing is resolved and he will appear to be hiding behind a legal technicality.

Rolfrae said:
I think you're right. The best thing for Ullrich would be to get the test over and done with. If it's negative he will reap the rewards. If it is positive then at least he can stop living a lie - maybe not ideal from a sporting perspective but from a personal, mental perspective it could be beneficial. If there is no test at all because his lawyers prevent it then nothing is resolved and he will appear to be hiding behind a legal technicality.
It’s a little bigger than that.... if its a "match" then fraud charges will begin and Ullrich will find himself in jail and bankrupt........ Basso will be the first cyclist to make $100Million in a year from the Sport and hang out with Tiger Woods whilst Ullrich will be sharing a cell with Ben Dover who has a penchant for large German men....

whiteboytrash said:
It’s a little bigger than that.... if its a "match" then fraud charges will begin and Ullrich will find himself in jail and bankrupt........ Basso will be the first cyclist to make $100Million in a year from the Sport and hang out with Tiger Woods whilst Ullrich will be sharing a cell with Ben Dover who has a penchant for large German men....
Ben has a bad rep but I hear he's really the model prisoner. I know that the Bonn prosecutor is driving all this but surely if Ulle is tested and found guilty and ends up in the quagmire then Basso isn't going to be allowed to miss out on the DNA fun too? Public pressure will be on Basso to take the test too, and is Ulle likely to walk away from the sport quietly, with the whole world thinking he was the only one to dope? If he does get found conclusively guilty then I hope he does a Manzano and spills the beans - the difference being that people would take what Ulle says a bit more seriously.

Rolfrae said:
Ben has a bad rep but I hear he's really the model prisoner. I know that the Bonn prosecutor is driving all this but surely if Ulle is tested and found guilty and ends up in the quagmire then Basso isn't going to be allowed to miss out on the DNA fun too? Public pressure will be on Basso to take the test too, and is Ulle likely to walk away from the sport quietly, with the whole world thinking he was the only one to dope? If he does get found conclusively guilty then I hope he does a Manzano and spills the beans - the difference being that people would take what Ulle says a bit more seriously.
I agree.... Ullrich speaking won't be "sad kitten" Simonei or Manzano..... if they do bankrupt him and ask him to pay back his earnings then the only thing to do to generate some cash is to write a book and go on talk shows bringing down everyone with him......

Rolfrae said:
He has an inside man at a top European centre that takes in unwated pet dogs - apparently they had a recent influx of dogs that all claim to have belonged to pro cyclists. Those dogs have been talking and they ain't saying "sausages".
That's total bs. No one knows if those are the dogs involved in OP until they take a DNA test. So for all those people out there against DNA testing, tell me, how are we going to fix this one?

helmutRoole2 said:
That's total bs. No one knows if those are the dogs involved in OP until they take a DNA test. So for all those people out there against DNA testing, tell me, how are we going to fix this one?
Apparently all the dogs have a tag on their colour with their owner's name, address and telephone number, in case they get lost - but, according to Bettini's dog, it is against their human (I mean animal) rights for anyone to read those tags. Plus, Basso's dog states that tag reading is a highly inaccurate science akin to witchcraft.

Rolfrae said:
Apparently all the dogs have a tag on their colour with their owner's name, address and telephone number, in case they get lost - but, according to Bettini's dog, it is against their human (I mean animal) rights for anyone to read those tags. Plus, Basso's dog states that tag reading is a highly inaccurate science akin to witchcraft.
I knew it. Leave it up to the animals-rights whack jobs to throw a monkey wrench into the unravelling of the mystery known as OP.