Discover race L'Ardechoise

Le Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:43:08 +0000, lalogn a écrit :

> hello,
>
> You're welcome in june 2005 on l'Ardechoise
>
> http://www.lamastre.com/ardechoise.htm The green Ardeche wish you happy
> new year.
>
> lalogne

Maybe you should briefly explain what this is about as most readers won't
understand French.
And by the way, it is a pity that this site only works with Internet
Explorer, or at least not with Netscape.

More to the point, I am wondering how one can enjoy a ride with 15'000
other participants. I think I would be mostly frightened to cycle in such
a crowd. How do the regulars deal with this ?

Jacques

I can respond a bit to the enjoyment of a ride with 15K riders. I have
ridden the RAGBRAI (ride across Iowa) 8 times- a 500 miler with about
10,000-15,000 cyclists. While there is a large crowd, it is generally
enjoyable to ride with people from all over the globe. Granted this is
not a race, I would be VERY apprehensive of a competitive event of any
such size.