Discovery at the TdF

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tuschinski, May 7, 2006.

  1. Tuschinski

    Tuschinski Guest

    Which card are they playing this year?

    Popovych? Salvodelli is going to do a double?

    I haven't really been paying attention this year, so any indications if
    Popo is going for the crown?

    Tags:

  2. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and given the heavy TT profile its possible. Regardless, discovery is going to need to take risks and try to get some time in a break. Popovich is better this year on preperation so look for him to try. Salvodelli will go, but probably only for stage wins.

  3. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and given the heavy TT profile its possible. Regardless, Discovery is going to need to take risks and try to get some time in a break. Popovich is better this year on preperation so look for him to try. Salvodelli will go, but probably only for stage wins.

  4. Tuschinski

    Tuschinski Guest

    > If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and
    > given the heavy TT profile its possible.

    Surprising choice if that is a serious (honest) answer.

  5. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    lazysegall wrote:
    > If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and
    > given the heavy TT profile its possible.

    Let it not be said that Belgians have no sense of humor.

    Bob Schwartz

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Popovich isn't ready yet. George will probably lead and may surprise
    some people. If he hasn't screwed up his fitness with that shoulder
    separation which is VERY painful and probably interferes with his
    sleep.

    Paolo isn't a man for the Tour but stranger things have happened. If
    Paolo doesn't take the Giro, and with the super hard climbs this year
    it seems unlikely, he may join the Tour team as a backup for George.
    This years Tour certainly favors Salvodelli as much as it does Ullrich.