Discovery at the TdF

Tuschinski

Guest
Which card are they playing this year?

Popovych? Salvodelli is going to do a double?

I haven't really been paying attention this year, so any indications if
Popo is going for the crown?

Tuschinski said:
Which card are they playing this year?

Popovych? Salvodelli is going to do a double?

I haven't really been paying attention this year, so any indications if
Popo is going for the crown?

If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and given the heavy TT profile its possible. Regardless, discovery is going to need to take risks and try to get some time in a break. Popovich is better this year on preperation so look for him to try. Salvodelli will go, but probably only for stage wins.

Tuschinski said:
Which card are they playing this year?

Popovych? Salvodelli is going to do a double?

I haven't really been paying attention this year, so any indications if
Popo is going for the crown?

If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and given the heavy TT profile its possible. Regardless, Discovery is going to need to take risks and try to get some time in a break. Popovich is better this year on preperation so look for him to try. Salvodelli will go, but probably only for stage wins.

> If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and
> given the heavy TT profile its possible.

Surprising choice if that is a serious (honest) answer.

lazysegall wrote:
> If Hincapie is in form, he is the leader. Bruneyl has said that and
> given the heavy TT profile its possible.

Let it not be said that Belgians have no sense of humor.

Bob Schwartz

Popovich isn't ready yet. George will probably lead and may surprise
some people. If he hasn't screwed up his fitness with that shoulder
separation which is VERY painful and probably interferes with his
sleep.

Paolo isn't a man for the Tour but stranger things have happened. If
Paolo doesn't take the Giro, and with the super hard climbs this year
it seems unlikely, he may join the Tour team as a backup for George.
This years Tour certainly favors Salvodelli as much as it does Ullrich.