Discovery Team to Announce big new signing!

limerickman said:
I could never imagine Ullrich cycling with any team other than a German team.
I would tend to agree, although in the past he's done what he has to do. I recall he signed with Team Coast / Bianchi for a short time when Telekom dumped him.

rejobako said:
I would tend to agree, although in the past he's done what he has to do. I recall he signed with Team Coast / Bianchi for a short time when Telekom dumped him.
And in the Blick article he clearly states he'd consider it and that money is less of an issue than racing is...

davidbod said:
Its Levi, and as I keep saying JU's career is over. As much as everyone wants to hope beyond hope, he won't race another race. Neither will Tyler. Basso may have a chance.

My source is the horses mouth,so to speak. There is a good chance he will make a deal with DC. You are correct however if he is not cleared, but the possibilty is looking promising that he will be.
Lawyers are negotiating as we speak.

cyclingheroes said:
Yeah Levi will be a great domestique for the Tour:p

I know you just joking -- kinda -- but Leipheimer has won some major stage races. Granted, not a GT, but still. A lot of people touted him as a contender at this year's Tour. He raced poorly, but then again, so did Landis... for one day, and look how many people wrote him off.

At 33, he's getting up there, but with the right program -- ease back on Daulphine -- he might pull a podium.

He is bald, but I think he can overcome that obstacle as well. Riis, Zoetemelk and to a certain degree Pantani (shaved as opposed to genetically predisposed) were also bald and they won.

jhuskey said:
My source is the horses mouth,so to speak. There is a good chance he will make a deal with DC. You are correct however if he is not cleared, but the possibilty is looking promising that he will be.
Lawyers are negotiating as we speak.
I'm wet ! To think WBT and LA hand in hand !

davidbod said:
...and as I keep saying JU's career is over. As much as everyone wants to hope beyond hope, he won't race another race. Neither will Tyler. Basso may have a chance.
Please preface these statements with "in my opinion". Thanks.

As for me, in my opinion, Jan will ride again as long as he has the will - and in 2006 - either the Tour of Germany or Vuelta.

I can't see anything stopping Jan from riding again. T....unless Fuentes names names. As of now, the UCI are backtracking now and I believe they are worried that the evidence isnt strong enough against those riders caught up in this.

Jan was quoted in CN I think today that he wants to retire after winning the tour and thatn he is back on the bike.

Thats enough from you ! LA is going to be Jan's helper in the mountains and pace him up the climbs ! Leave LA alone would ya !

wicklow200 said:
Please preface these statements with "in my opinion". Thanks.

As for me, in my opinion, Jan will ride again as long as he has the will - and in 2006 - either the Tour of Germany or Vuelta.

I can't see anything stopping Jan from riding again. T....unless Fuentes names names. As of now, the UCI are backtracking now and I believe they are worried that the evidence isnt strong enough against those riders caught up in this.

Jan was quoted in CN I think today that he wants to retire after winning the tour and thatn he is back on the bike.

helmutRoole2 said:
I know you just joking -- kinda -- but Leipheimer has won some major stage races. Granted, not a GT, but still. A lot of people touted him as a contender at this year's Tour. He raced poorly, but then again, so did Landis... for one day, and look how many people wrote him off.

At 33, he's getting up there, but with the right program -- ease back on Daulphine -- he might pull a podium.

He is bald, but I think he can overcome that obstacle as well. Riis, Zoetemelk and to a certain degree Pantani (shaved as opposed to genetically predisposed) were also bald and they won.
But.... Zoetemelk was 6 times second, you can't really compare Zoetemelk with Leipheimer. Zoetemelk has much greater palmares.. Riis well... Pantani has greater palmares as Levi will ever have as well. I like Levi a lot, he is a good rider, he will probebly win more small tours (DL, Germany, maybe Paris-Nice) but i don't see him winning the TdF...

cyclingheroes said:
But.... Zoetemelk was 6 times second, you can't really compare Zoetemelk with Leipheimer. Zoetemelk has much greater palmares.. Riis well... Pantani has greater palmares as Levi will ever have as well. I like Levi a lot, he is a good rider, he will probebly win more small tours (DL, Germany, maybe Paris-Nice) but i don't see him winning the TdF...

So what are you saying?

I mean, come on man, say what's on your mind.

Does or does not Leipheimer's baldness factor into a Tour victory? ;)

helmutRoole2 said:
So what are you saying?

I mean, come on man, say what's on your mind.

Does or does not Leipheimer's baldness factor into a Tour victory? ;)
Ok it's aerodamic i guess...:D

cyclingheroes said:
I like Levi a lot, he is a good rider, he will probebly win more small tours (DL, Germany, maybe Paris-Nice) but i don't see him winning the TdF...

I pretty much agree, though if Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo stay banned, Vino misses the Tour, Valverde gets caught up with Fuentes, and Floyd's hip replacement doesn't go well, then Levi could win the Tour :D

Joking aside, Levi is a good pick up for Disco. He's a solid rider with strong success in small Tours. He is American and has many fans in the States. He doesn't have much GT potential, but he might be good for a stage win and a strong showing in the new U.S. races.

whiteboytrash said:
Thats enough from you ! LA is going to be Jan's helper in the mountains and pace him up the climbs ! Leave LA alone would ya !

WBT, Mussette, Lim, and Bobke can all have an Ullrich / Discovery party when Ullrich wins next year... Haha! Unity is brought to cyclingforums.com! Dogs and cats living together!

helmutRoole2 said:
pantani was bald as well. he shaved because he went bald.

whiteboytrash said:
I think WBT would suffer either a heart attack or an orgasm, possibly both at the same time, if he saw Lance and Tommy D pacing big Jan up Pla d'adet.

What a turn up.

Fuente's drug bust.

Basso and Ullrich out of the tour.

The best tour in years with 8 different yellow jersey wearers.

Landis wins the tour.

Now Ullrich is going to ride with team musette.

Can I wake up now?