Disk Brakes/James Annan's theory

Arthur Clune

Guest
James' theory about disk brake failure has just been taken up in a big way - Trek are now
looking at it.

See http://www.velovision.co.uk

for an article and a (with permission) copy of a BikeBiz article about the issue.

Arthur

Lord Lester

On 15 May 2003 11:07:48 GMT, "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote:

>James' theory about disk brake failure has just been taken up in a big way - Trek are now
>looking at it.

Good. I think people who focus on the minor details of James' maths are missing the point: disc
brake forks have the same dropout angle as rim brake forks, and physics being what it is this means
there is a significantly increased risk of uncontrolled release. Before James nobody was seriously
investigating it. Now they are. Kudos to James.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.