Disk Brakes/James Annan's theory

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Arthur Clune, May 15, 2003.

  1. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    James' theory about disk brake failure has just been taken up in a big way - Trek are now
    looking at it.

    See http://www.velovision.co.uk

    for an article and a (with permission) copy of a BikeBiz article about the issue.

    Arthur

    Lord Lester

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 15 May 2003 11:07:48 GMT, "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >James' theory about disk brake failure has just been taken up in a big way - Trek are now
    >looking at it.

    Good. I think people who focus on the minor details of James' maths are missing the point: disc
    brake forks have the same dropout angle as rim brake forks, and physics being what it is this means
    there is a significantly increased risk of uncontrolled release. Before James nobody was seriously
    investigating it. Now they are. Kudos to James.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.