Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Disk hubs for rim brakes...

Started by Wasatch5k · · Last activity · 2 posts · 340 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 February 2005
Last activity
28 February 2005
Original author
Wasatch5k
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
340
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am currently looking to purchase a new set of hubs. Right now I am using rim brakes but am thinking about moving to disk brakes in the next few years. I’m thinking it might be wise to “future-proof” my investment by buying disk compatible hubs. I don’t think there will be any problems – might look kind of funny. Anything I’m missing?

    Thanks,

    Nate

  2. Quoted message said:

    I am currently looking to purchase a new set of hubs. Right now I am using
    rim brakes but am thinking about moving to disk brakes in the next few years.
    I’m thinking it might be wise to “future-proof” my investment by buying disk
    compatible hubs. I don’t think there will be any problems – might look kind
    of funny. Anything I’m missing?

    Thanks,

    Nate

    Yes, the frame. Retrofitting disc caliper mounts would be prohibitively
    expensive if not outright impossible.

    If your current frame and fork are disc-compatible, then you're all set
    except for the hubs and brakes, and rebuilding the wheels with the new
    hubs.

    --
    Ted Bennett
    Portland, OR

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.