dismantling (stripping) shimano pd-515

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Panda

Does anyone know how to dismantle the shimano pd-515 pedals in order to service them, grease the
bearings etc. i have found the shimano web-site and the exploded view diagram there but it was much
help inhow actually to do it!

many thanks

panda

--
change "net" to "uk"

"panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone know how to dismantle the shimano pd-515 pedals in order to service them, grease the
> bearings etc. i have found the shimano web-site and the exploded view diagram there but it was
> much help inhow actually to do it!
>
> many thanks
>
> panda

Unscrew the plastic collar all the way, then the bearing assembly just pulls out. This is very
easily done with the (cheap) shimano tool (2GBP) sold for the purpose (it even has arrows on showing
which way to turn to unscrew each pedal in case you get confused over LH and RH threads).

It is not usually necessary to completely disassemble the bearing assembly - it is rather fiddly to
put back together if you do - as you can clean and grease the complete unit.

cheers

panda

"Andrew Webster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Does anyone know how to dismantle the shimano pd-515 pedals in order to service them, grease the
> > bearings etc. i have found the shimano web-site
and
> > the exploded view diagram there but it was much help inhow actually to
do
> > it!
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > panda
>
> Unscrew the plastic collar all the way, then the bearing assembly just pulls out. This is very
> easily done with the (cheap) shimano tool (2GBP) sold for the purpose (it even has arrows on
> showing which way to turn to unscrew each pedal in case you get confused over LH and RH threads).
>
> It is not usually necessary to completely disassemble the bearing assembly - it is rather fiddly
> to put back together if you do - as you can clean and grease the complete unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.