disrespectful cyclists...

Oruboris said:
rumble stripped, I'm not using it.
I hate those rumble stripped roadsides too. I'e seen more than one person go down when they hit it unexpectedly.

DrunkenBiker said:
Yes. Disrespectful riders.

As in any nit-wit who takes up a lane simply because of some code somewhere that gives him this false sense of security.

I can see you taking up a lane, waving some piece of paper yelling out, "Wahooo. Look at me. I'm legally taking up this whole lane".

At which point I hope someone runs your ass over.

As to the OP. I would have done the same thing with those riders that I do with a tailgater. Slam on the brakes, make the tires squeal and scare the **** out of them.
well, you are an idiot. and I wear a helmet cam... so please try to use some intimidation tactics, you WILL get a ticket... ha ha.

e0richt said:
well, you are an idiot. and I wear a helmet cam... so please try to use some intimidation tactics, you WILL get a ticket... ha ha.
For hitting my brakes ??

Uhmmm.....nope. Been there, done that, got a whole closet full of t-shirts.

Bet you look real good wearing that helmet cam tho. Yet another thing to distract you from the traffic making your early demise all the more likely.....ha ha

DrunkenBiker said:
For hitting my brakes ??

Uhmmm.....nope. Been there, done that, got a whole closet full of t-shirts.

Bet you look real good wearing that helmet cam tho. Yet another thing to distract you from the traffic making your early demise all the more likely.....ha ha
you really are a jack ass aren't you?
but no, my demise is probably less likely than yours...

oh some info:
http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/bike/commtips.shtm

I would recommend other reading but you probably don't read very much...

excerpt
  • Between intersections, keep as far right as practical. Don’t “hug the curb” where debris collects or where you won’t be visible to motorists. Move left to pass slow traffic or obstacles (but check for overtaking traffic). If the outside lane plus shoulder (if available) is too narrow for side-by-side sharing with motor vehicles, move toward the middle of the lane (i.e., “take the lane”) to indicate that motorized traffic must change lanes to pass safely.
  • When approaching and at intersections, determine your lane and position within the lane by the direction you want to go. Position yourself so your intentions are clear. If there is only one lane for travel in your direction, approach the intersection in the part of that lane that corresponds to the direction you are going. When you have a choice of lanes to use, ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction you want to go.
  • If you want to make a left turn and you sense that conditions are too difficult for your skill level, you may make a “pedestrian” left-hand turn by riding to the far side of the intersection and walking your bike across when conditions permit.

e0richt said:
you really are a jack ass aren't you?
but no, my demise is probably less likely than yours...

oh some info:

I would recommend other reading but you probably don't read very much...

excerpt
  • Between intersections, keep as far right as practical. Don’t “hug the curb” where debris collects or where you won’t be visible to motorists. Move left to pass slow traffic or obstacles (but check for overtaking traffic). If the outside lane plus shoulder (if available) is too narrow for side-by-side sharing with motor vehicles, move toward the middle of the lane (i.e., “take the lane”) to indicate that motorized traffic must change lanes to pass safely.
  • When approaching and at intersections, determine your lane and position within the lane by the direction you want to go. Position yourself so your intentions are clear. If there is only one lane for travel in your direction, approach the intersection in the part of that lane that corresponds to the direction you are going. When you have a choice of lanes to use, ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction you want to go.
  • If you want to make a left turn and you sense that conditions are too difficult for your skill level, you may make a “pedestrian” left-hand turn by riding to the far side of the intersection and walking your bike across when conditions permit.
Nope. I have no need to read any of that crapola. My momma raised me properly.

I've heard I have a legal right to take a lane if there is an obstacle in the shoulder. I also have the legal right to walk into the local windowless bar at 1am or ride the dirt path behind the MV station anytime I want.

The problem is that those things are incredibly stupid and I won't do them.

Right of way goes to whatever can cause the most damage. And that is not my skinny ass on a bicycle no matter how heavy it is.

DrunkenBiker said:
Nope. I have no need to read any of that crapola. My momma raised me properly.

I've heard I have a legal right to take a lane if there is an obstacle in the shoulder. I also have the legal right to walk into the local windowless bar at 1am or ride the dirt path behind the MV station anytime I want.

The problem is that those things are incredibly stupid and I won't do them.

Right of way goes to whatever can cause the most damage. And that is not my skinny ass on a bicycle no matter how heavy it is.
if we take that to its logical conclusion, does that mean we should start driving in sherman tanks?

e0richt said:
if we take that to its logical conclusion, does that mean we should start driving in sherman tanks?
as far as, your momma "rasining you right"? well, by you advocating initimidation tactics by motorists really calls THAT into question, hmmm?

e0richt said:
Nope. I'll leave that to pussies like you.

Come on up here to good old Newton NJ. Show me what a bad ass you are by riding your bike behind the MV station. See how many of the homeless crack-heads who live there care about your legal right to ride by.

You obviously grew up in an environment that was nice and sheltered. Nothing bad ever happened and the Police were your friends. I grew up in a mini-shithole where something bad was always happening and the Police were your worst enemy.

We will never see eye to eye on this matter so ********.

I'm done with this thread.

My 2 cents:
Ticking off motorists is a bad idea even if you have equal right to the road. I stay on or to the right of the white line or inches from the curb; whatever gives me the safest cushin at the time. I'll even pull off & stop if I'm holding up traffic as a particular road riding to work makes that the safest bet for me & others so I don't cause a head-on collision from someone passing me around an uphill blind turn. I make other peoples safety as much of a priority as my own at all times. I want nothing to do with the indirect injury or death of someone.

Having to pass an inconsiderate cyclist pisses me off as well. I don't make excusess for him/her because they are also a cyclist. Move over Goofball. You don't need 3 feet of road. That's inconsiderate & selfish.

Doing this makes ME a target because the motorist is still bent over the last cyclist that was being a wreckless.

What maybe our rights doesn't mean they should be enforced at all times.
I'll illustrate: I have the right to drive at 65mph on a highway but if some children are walking dangerously close to the road THEIR right to live overides MY right to do the speedlimit.... I'll slow down.

Mototists DO need to be more careful of cyclists & cyclist (in my area) need to be more respectful of drivers.

No, I'm not anti-cyclist; I'm anti-selfish. :)

This is a wild one. What story. They sound kind of odd and petty. Could be like a Steven King book almost. Lol. The cyclists who kept acting so arrogant eventually the guy in the car comes behind them and plows them all down. I just imagine it on some creepy mountain road and it's deserted. I mean who does that? You are just asking for it acting like that. You have to have respect both ways. I think people like that just out for the day. Think they are still in their car. I don't know about you but I don't give drivers any benefit of the doubt. I get out of the way and stay as far away as I can. It can happen as even just an accident or they swerve into you.