Division III team up-date

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Wade Summers, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
    Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
    paid since April. Riders had filed some sort of protest with USAC. His opinion was that the team
    basically didn't exists anymore...

    Wade

    Tags:

  2. 2nd today in the BIG mountain stage in the TdS. Casa still leading, Vino didn't crash. Oscar
    Pereiro won.

    Erik

  3. "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R9jJa.9011$ZE[email protected]...

    > Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
    > Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
    > paid since April.

    Those guys actually got paid?

  4. Dan Kane

    Dan Kane Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
    >>Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
    >>paid since April
    >

    > Those guys actually got paid?

    Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....

    Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club

    pretty funny

  5. Dan Kane <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > > "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
    > >>Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't
    > >>been paid since April
    > >

    > > Those guys actually got paid?
    > >

    > Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....
    >
    > Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club
    >
    > pretty funny

    Any predictions for next team to fold prior to riding out the whole season? I'm going with
    Healthnet.

    -a

  6. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    "Dan Kane" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > > "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and
    someone
    > >>asked one of the West Virginia riders how things were going with the
    team.
    > >>He said they weren't going. They hadn't been paid since April
    > >

    > > Those guys actually got paid?
    > >

    > Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....
    >
    > Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club
    >
    > pretty funny

    Saw this West Virginia rider listed in the results as

    18 Conor Hurley (F.A.R.T. Fiero amature racing team)

  7. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Wade Summers wrote:
    > Saw this West Virginia rider listed in the results as
    >
    > 18 Conor Hurley (F.A.R.T. Fiero amature racing team)

    I assume their masters team is called old F.A.R.Ts

  8. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    yes,maybe they are old farts (and/or old fattie farts, as the case may be), but this old fart
    actually went faster then his youngin' - who just happens to be from very near to the fitchburg
    area. what a blow to get beaten by the team manager. so much for the tour de france. ouch!

    28 Ed Beamon (Navigators) 1.14.97 29 Justin Spinelli (Navigators) 1.17.71