Division III team up-date

Wade Summers

Guest
Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
paid since April. Riders had filed some sort of protest with USAC. His opinion was that the team
basically didn't exists anymore...

Wade

2nd today in the BIG mountain stage in the TdS. Casa still leading, Vino didn't crash. Oscar
Pereiro won.

Erik

"Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R9jJa.9011$ZE.8330@lakeread05...

> Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
> Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
> paid since April.

Those guys actually got paid?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R9jJa.9011$ZE.8330@lakeread05...
>
>>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
>>Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't been
>>paid since April
>

> Those guys actually got paid?

Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....

Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club

pretty funny

Dan Kane <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R9jJa.9011$ZE.8330@lakeread05...
> >
> >>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and someone asked one of the West
> >>Virginia riders how things were going with the team. He said they weren't going. They hadn't
> >>been paid since April
> >

> > Those guys actually got paid?
> >

> Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....
>
> Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club
>
> pretty funny

Any predictions for next team to fold prior to riding out the whole season? I'm going with
Healthnet.

-a

"Dan Kane" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > "Wade Summers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R9jJa.9011$ZE.8330@lakeread05...
> >
> >>Sitting around after a race yesterday waiting to claim a prize and
someone
> >>asked one of the West Virginia riders how things were going with the
team.
> >>He said they weren't going. They hadn't been paid since April
> >

> > Those guys actually got paid?
> >

> Just saw this on the Fitchburg start list....
>
> Hamblen, Jon Noble House Jones, Mike West Virginia Cycling Club
>
> pretty funny

Saw this West Virginia rider listed in the results as

18 Conor Hurley (F.A.R.T. Fiero amature racing team)

Wade Summers wrote:
> Saw this West Virginia rider listed in the results as
>
> 18 Conor Hurley (F.A.R.T. Fiero amature racing team)

I assume their masters team is called old F.A.R.Ts

yes,maybe they are old farts (and/or old fattie farts, as the case may be), but this old fart
actually went faster then his youngin' - who just happens to be from very near to the fitchburg
area. what a blow to get beaten by the team manager. so much for the tour de france. ouch!

28 Ed Beamon (Navigators) 1.14.97 29 Justin Spinelli (Navigators) 1.17.71