DIY Flashing bicycle light

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> writes:
> http://www.motherearthnews.com/arc/199/toparticles
>
> Okay I thought this looked interesting, if you are the DIY type and good
> with electronics.
> Then again it would seem to me that I have seen plenty of these already on
> the market.
> Perhaps this is better, perhaps not. Thought I would share it anyway, looks
> neat.

It certainly could make an interesting rainy-day project.
That looks like 3 C-cells in the picture; hmmm ...
I'd forego the turn signal indicator part, though --
I'm not so sure drivers would understand it as such,
and hand signals have hitherto been sufficient for me.

cheers,
Tom
--
-- Nothing is safe from me.