DIY Tire Removal 2

G.Daniels

Guest
DIYTIRE2!!

DIY Tire Removal 2 differs from DIY 1. We at BCL Labs stand
100-150' behind this one as foolproof and welcome fools who
screw this up to cawment further.

OK. Lets cut the expletive deleted here.

TIRE CHANGING.

Tool list-

1. Prestone silicone lubricant available at Woolmort
2. Park's TL-1 Tire Lever called ‘spoonbill' tire
levers. blue colour, pack of three
3. Dutch Plastic Tire Levers imported by Kool Stop
comes in 3 pack, rubber embrader on the enclosure's
sides! Amazing.
4. Abrasive pad, green color available at woolmort.
5. Rag, clean.
6. Possible use for Duct tape, Nashua 368 for velo or
rubber strip splicing and valve hole mending. also
sharp razor blade helps here.

Wipe tire, rim clean. Inspect for punctures and mark rim and
tire for puncture postions. Deflate tube.Make a tube
deflator? Use a presta adaptor and center epoxy a pin to
depress valve.

A. Place wheel on your lap and at your belly Grab tire's
bottom center with fingers both hands pinching bead
inward off the rim's shoulders, deflating tube. Pinch
pinch pinch pushing the tire forward or away from your
position and outward until reaching rim center diameter
then do the same but squeeze inward. Play ina gadda da
vida if its around?

Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.

Understand the rim pinching and bead centering. Yawl are
changing the relationship between tire and rim diamteres
giving slack so the bead can be pried off the rim edge.

Cyclists (me too) often wonder why the tire doesn't come off
the expleted deleted rim after squeezing and whatever. "Why
by golly it's the tires fault." ACH DU!

Well NO!: truth is yawl expletive deleted stupid and the
tire/rim gone and outsmarterd you big time. Gotta be smarter
than the rim/tire! Astounding. Oh , there are ‘cyclists'
squeezing 700 onto 27 and 27 onto…

Know the guy who sits in an airplane hanger in Arizona with
40 thugs dressed ina tux and robes watching 20 TV screen
6'x6'. That's the dude controlling the rim/tire size. You
have expleted deleted!! By the way, this dude exterminates
‘cyclists', yawl know right. Sooner or later…

THE SOLUTION IS: (well, one of them. we can't cover
everything here, right?)

AFTER SQUEEZING YAWL BRAINS OUT, PACE ONE DUTCH HOOKED TIRE
LEVER(TOOLIST 1) BETWEEN RIM AND TIRE BEAD AT 12 NOON
DIRECTLY OPPOSITE YAWL'S POSITION. LEVER BEAD UP AND
OUTWARD, HOOK THE NEAREST SPOKE. NOTICE HOW THE LEVER'S BEAD
END IS LIPPED(OR HOOKED-HAVING MORE THAN ONE HOOK HERE GIVES
ME A MIGRAINE) THE TIRE BEAD INSERTION END(AH) HOLDS THE
BEAD IN PLACE!! THIS IMAGE COMES IN HANDY IN A FEW MINUTES.

Repeat step A. Repeat A. if compulsive or obsessive and if
so check for the tire deflator installed before A.

Now the bead will stay centurd and a max diameter shift will
continue when yawl squeeze and press and twist rather than
slip backwards and back onto the rim shoulder-then
convincing a neophyte that the factory has … this is a
humorous list but time…

OK. Now for the good stuff at toolist 1: Prestone silicone.
Prestone has engineered this product to not only rip yawl
off with as zero possible silicone but provide a usable
product. Way to go Prestone!!!

Spray silicone(that's what the can sez) on yawl no wait on
the rim/tire wall from now inserted lever to about an
optomystic six inches traveling right. Cleaning the levers
and spray the tips is OK.

Do not breath this ****.

Insert toolist tool 2: the Park's spoonbill lever, a
specialized tool The Park spoonbills tend not to catch the
tube when prying tire beads. Better than the hooked Dutch
lever anyway. The spoonbill shape is effective for removing
a fat tube from a skinny tire carcass without pinching and
then holing the tube. Both sets are almost indispensable,
cheap… and there's always a spare around.

Loosen the fingers or grow another arm mit hand. Insert
spoonbill adjacent Dutch lever and pry,hold spoonbill.
Insert a second spoonbill, pry, hold second. A third,
fourth…by now the beads coming over rim edge, the tire's
carcass no longer tightly held onto the rim. The silicone
lubes this beautifully: Itsa miracle.

The finger dexterity, and arm, knee, teeth, requi=red here
is a developed art. Takes practice and ingenuity.
Imagination. Intelligence.

One thing to be said: learning how to use the tools may be
more important than learning how to change the tire before
the sun sets.

Do not run the levers sideways along the rim top
squishing(that's what you think but its not gonna be dude)to
reposition the bead outside the rim. Running the lever along
the rim top to move the bead over the top and free and NOT
prying carefully often separates bead rubber from the bead.
Itsa bad habit. Abrading rubber from the bead with a tire
lever is directly proportional to the tire's expense.

AHHH!! Remove tire, clean tire's insides, tube, slime liner
and hang to stay clean.

Clean rim's metal( who knows right??ceramic bearings?)
inside clincher wall or whatever with a small 1x2" piece of
green abrasive pad(woolmort) moist with yeah! Prestone
silicone lubricant.

After cleaning, inspecting, repair (yes!! self-sealing tubes
are patchable) checking for tread direction and the
continuing integrity of the velox/rubber strip-both
repairable with duct tape (homedepot-avoid woolmort), spray
another 12" tire wall with prestone and locate that portion
as the next area for a pryoff.

And check the brake pads for tire wall rub.

g.daniels wrote:

> [snipped]

I think this post should be added to the
rec.bicycles.tech FAQ.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities

g.daniels wrote:

> ... Spray silicone(that's what the can sez) on yawl no
> wait on the rim/tire wall from now inserted lever to about
> an optomystic six inches traveling right. Cleaning the
> levers and spray the tips is OK.
>
> Do not breath this ****....

One wonders if Mr. Daniels has ignored his own advice. ;)

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities

the deflator using a presta adapter is a solderable pin
depressor. If using epoxy, not a torch or high wattage
solder iron, Loctite is a proven compound available at
better auto stores. The other 2 part epoxy available at
woolmort has a dubiuos reputation as lefgtovers from other
epoxy manufactures-like its scraped off the tanks bottom and
reground? The Loctite has a stated pounds per square inch
holding power and lasts if kept dry with heat or paint(not
solvent to the epoxy) the suggestion that the obviously but
hidden beneath electron-pounds of 'other stuff' equally
unsearchable by the needy be placed in an area where
writing[25]. goes on with psuedo technical post electric
shock therapy writing standards that are unacceptable in DIY
which off course stands for the archaic Do-It-Yourself, a
source that in fact stands by itself but lacks a shill
bleating about it's existence every week.For example, "DIY
paint removal" is an essential answer to its FAQ(Feynman's
Absolute Quark) or "chain guard $2", a semi-original
invention. The solution to this stupidty(aside from my
getting run over by a printer)is a search mechanism
revealing suitable archived answers to a post's title
statement combined hehehe with commercials for various
widgets at the post form. If yawl gonna give away 100
gigabites of attic space for email's on monkey pong then why
not print some more dough with something thatill advance
civilization a qouta...?