Dizzy Ears

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dakitty, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Dakitty

    Dakitty Guest

    So, my ears got filled with water, deep down inside. They no longer feel plugged up, but it's been
    24 hours of being very dizzy. [grumbles to self... I don't want to have an ear infection]

    has this happened to any of you guys, where it would go away after a day or two? Or does it usually
    end up in an ear infection?

    Tags:

  2. M.W. Smith

    M.W. Smith Guest

    DaKitty wrote:

    > So, my ears got filled with water, deep down inside. They no longer feel plugged up, but it's been
    > 24 hours of being very dizzy. [grumbles to self... I don't want to have an ear infection]
    >
    > has this happened to any of you guys, where it would go away after a day or two? Or does it
    > usually end up in an ear infection?

    I've never had or heard of the dizziness problem. I get water in my ears all the time. Sometimes it
    doesn't come out for many hours. I've never had an ear infection do to that water. Dizziness for
    that long a time would send me to the doctor for a diagnosis.

    martin

  3. Dakitty

    Dakitty Guest

    "M.W. Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > DaKitty wrote:
    >
    > > So, my ears got filled with water, deep down inside. They no longer feel plugged up, but it's
    > > been 24 hours of being very
    dizzy.
    > > [grumbles to self... I don't want to have an ear infection]
    > >
    > > has this happened to any of you guys, where it would go away after a day
    or
    > > two? Or does it usually end up in an ear infection?
    >
    > I've never had or heard of the dizziness problem. I get water in my ears all the time. Sometimes
    > it doesn't come out for many hours. I've never had an ear infection do to that water. Dizziness
    > for that long a time would send me to the doctor for a diagnosis.
    >
    > martin

    Yea... I've gotten dizzy in the past when an ear infection gets to my inner ear. Sometimes I get a
    sinus infection that spreads into the inner ear, then I'm dizzy like that for a week! I'm a
    'frequent flyer' with my ear-nose-throat doctor. This is the first time it happened just from the
    pool. I wasn't sure what to expect.

    I was hoping I was going to wake up today, and the dizziness would have cleared itself up. That's
    just what happened. I have sensitive ears, so I wear earplugs. The day before yesterday, I was being
    to be brave, and when the earplug loosened up at the beginning of an 800, I didn't want to stop and
    readjust it. I'll know better for the next time to not push it.

  4. Larry Godo

    Larry Godo Guest

    > They no longer feel plugged up, but it's been 24 hours of being very dizzy. [grumbles to self... I
    > don't want to have an ear infection]

    Any sign of dizziness or vertigo makes me think you could have labyrinthitis which is a viral or
    bacterial infection of the inner ear. I got this once from swimming in a pond..and if you have it
    you'll know because even a slight head or eye movement will cause your head to spin. So if you
    have bad dizziness or vertigo..see a doctor.

    Larry Godo Los Angeles

  5. Dakitty

    Dakitty Guest

    "larry godo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > They no longer feel plugged up, but it's been 24 hours of being very
    dizzy.
    > > [grumbles to self... I don't want to have an ear infection]
    >
    > Any sign of dizziness or vertigo makes me think you could have
    labyrinthitis
    > which is a viral or bacterial infection of the inner ear.

    Yea, in a normal case it could be. In my case, my ears are pretty screed up anyway that half the
    times the sinus infections spread to my ears too. My doc says it's because the scar tissue from
    infections has made the membranes more inflexible, and do not seal properly.

    > I got this once from swimming in a pond..and if you have it you'll know because even a slight
    > head or eye movement will cause your head to spin. So if you have bad dizziness or vertigo..see a
    > doctor.

    It went away the next day. Seems it was just a case of some water in a very inconvenient spot.
    In the past, when I would have a sinus+ear infection, the dizziness would last a week or so. I
    hate that.