dn1 espoir teams

espoir33

Sep 21, 2004
i am an american rider looking for a dn1 espoir team in france. where is the best place to start? any suggestions?

In order to be on a D1 Espoir team you probably had better had a few years traveling with the national team under your belt and top 10's in world championships, etc.

If you are looking to springboard to a domestic/euro team take a look at the Park City Cycling Academy. We have professionals on our staff including Jeff Louder who moved to Europe and got hooked up with Landowkredit/Colnago before joining the Navigators. Jeff would be a wealth of knowledge. Burke Swindlehurst is our head mentor. Burke has been a top pro for over 8 years. Our Academy is all inclusive except food and allows you to be submerged into racing. The Academy is a 16 room facility that is housed 1K from the National Championships, which you will need to place Top 3 in the Espoir to catch someone's eye. We will train on the course at least once a week, so when it comes to making your splash on the scene you have acclimated to the altitude and know the course like the back of your hand. We will also travel throughout the west to prepare for Nationals. Prior to Nationals we will travel to Mt. Hood and Tour de Nez. The Academy is fully staffed.

One way you won't get to Europe is by racing industrial park crits. You will need to race the big, long stage races to prepare. And you can't just drive to the Cascade Classic, put 10 lbs of water in your pockets and expect to do anything. I know, because that's what I tried. It doesn't work.

So take a look at the Academy. www.parkcitycycling.com
We have some great sponsors lined up and it will be a great season.

Todd Hageman
Director
Park City Cycling Academy
[email protected]

espoir33 said:
i am an american rider looking for a dn1 espoir team in france. where is the best place to start? any suggestions?
hi there, just passing through, did you find a club,,,if not, its easy to get into big time racing in france... decide where you want to go, its best where there is a large english speaking mob, say toulouse, the aussie are there. join an elite club, say cc blagnac, make sure you have a usa licence for the year. and bingo, you join the club then the ffc, then you enter the events.. bingo, if you win the season road race competition, like jalabere, montcoutie,o'grady et al did, YOU will get a pro offer... in france there are i think 5 french regional competitions, the winners of each one usually get a pro offer.. its a matter of JUST DOING IT. bon courage.