Do amino acids cause soreness?

Paul Kossa

Guest
I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be more
sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was supposed
to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is it just some
kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One manufacturer
recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Kossa
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be more
> sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was
> supposed to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is it
> just some kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One
> manufacturer recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)

I suggest you read the labels of those amino acids and compare them with the amounts of the
worthwhile aminos found in egg whites and whey proteins. Supplemental aminos are grossly
over-priced.

-WG

Yes - and about 20% L-Tyrosine supplements are contaminated with Nadralone components that will show
up in a drug test.

Is it worth the risk?

scott "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:150220032214022270%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Paul Kossa
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be
> > more sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was
> > supposed to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is
> > it just some kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One
> > manufacturer recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)
>
> I suggest you read the labels of those amino acids and compare them with the amounts of the
> worthwhile aminos found in egg whites and whey proteins. Supplemental aminos are grossly
> over-priced.
>
> -WG

I dunno anything about amino acids, but here's your post in ebonics from
http://www.atlantaga.com/ebonics.htm

Yo buss dis. I began takin some amino acid supplements recently, an ****. I'z noticed dat my muscles
seem to be mo so durin an' aftuh wukouts (stationary trainuh an' weights). (I thought dis **** wuz
supposed to HELP your performance?) Could dis has anythin to do wit de amino acids, or is it jus
some kin' uh coincidence? be dere a particular time you are supposed to takedem? (One manufacturuh
recommends in between meals, while anothuh says wit meals.) Sheeit!