Do amino acids cause soreness?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Paul Kossa, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. Paul Kossa

    Paul Kossa Guest

    I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be more
    sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was supposed
    to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is it just some
    kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One manufacturer
    recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)

    Tags:

  2. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Paul Kossa
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be more
    > sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was
    > supposed to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is it
    > just some kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One
    > manufacturer recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)

    I suggest you read the labels of those amino acids and compare them with the amounts of the
    worthwhile aminos found in egg whites and whey proteins. Supplemental aminos are grossly
    over-priced.

    -WG

  3. Yes - and about 20% L-Tyrosine supplements are contaminated with Nadralone components that will show
    up in a drug test.

    Is it worth the risk?

    scott "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:150220032214022270%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Paul Kossa
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I began taking some amino acid supplements recently. I've noticed that my muscles seem to be
    > > more sore during and after workouts (stationary trainer and weights). (I thought this stuff was
    > > supposed to HELP your performance?) Could this have anything to do with the amino acids, or is
    > > it just some kind of coincidence? Is there a particular time you are supposed to take them? (One
    > > manufacturer recommends in between meals, while another says with meals.)
    >
    > I suggest you read the labels of those amino acids and compare them with the amounts of the
    > worthwhile aminos found in egg whites and whey proteins. Supplemental aminos are grossly
    > over-priced.
    >
    > -WG

  4. Trdina

    Trdina Guest

    I dunno anything about amino acids, but here's your post in ebonics from
    http://www.atlantaga.com/ebonics.htm

    Yo buss dis. I began takin some amino acid supplements recently, an shit. I'z noticed dat my muscles
    seem to be mo so durin an' aftuh wukouts (stationary trainuh an' weights). (I thought dis shit wuz
    supposed to HELP your performance?) Could dis has anythin to do wit de amino acids, or is it jus
    some kin' uh coincidence? be dere a particular time you are supposed to takedem? (One manufacturuh
    recommends in between meals, while anothuh says wit meals.) Sheeit!