Do Any Of You Guys Do More Than One Ride A Day(other Than Commuting)

Uawadall

Jun 14, 2015
Do any of you guys do more than one ride a day(other than commuting)?If so is it practically for training purposes or will it not give your body adequate recovery time?

When we moved here to this village which looks cozy with the big trees almost everywhere, I had that excitement of wanting to roam. Not really for the riding but for the sights to see. This village is quite huge with more than 5,000 lots and just about 10% full so you can imagine the vacant lots all over. I normally ride before breakfast and when I had nothing to do I would ride again before lunch time. But I could do that only on weekends because I have an office job.

Myself and the friends that I cycle with will occasionally go on more than one ride a day. We do a lot of mountain biking so sometimes after we finish up on a certain trail we'll hop in the truck and drive to another one. That usually only happens when we've set the whole day aside for riding though.

I may find myself doing more than one ride per day around 2-3 times during the week. I'm physically acclimated to this and therefore don't require much in the way of recovery time afterwards. Granted, I don't usually cycle very far as I'm usually doing a few errands around town. But it helps me stay fit and enjoy the great weather which we have around these parts. I definitely advise new cyclists to get accustomed to riding more than once a day if their daily schedule allows for this.

I used to do a couple rides a day over the weekend but not so much anymore.

I mainly do one long ride a day over the weekends now and a few during the days of the week when I can get out/feel up to it. When I was younger I would go out for a ride, come back home for a few hours and then go back out for another ride. I guess I had more energy then!

Maybe if I do not have lots of things to do and commitments to finish I may consider another schedule within the day. On the other hand, I am too lazy to change and perspire again so I think I would be fine with just one ride

That involves variables. There are a number of factors that play an important role in this scenario that you have outlined. The length of the rides, the aggression with which you ride, the days of the week you ride, are just a few of the factors worth mentioning. I would just suggest that you give it a try and find out your limits. Stick within your range and what you are comfortable with. You will learn about your capacity over time.

Keyan said:
Maybe if I do not have lots of things to do and commitments to finish I may consider another schedule within the day. On the other hand, I am too lazy to change and perspire again so I think I would be fine with just one ride
One ride is ok. Just give it your best shot. Make sure it's not too easy and not too hard. Strike a balance and make sure that you are fitter every time that you come from a ride. And hey.... Riding is all about Perspiration. When you start sweating you realize that your body has gotten the groove of it all and you are making progress. It cools you down... and you should have no problem in having a second bath for the day.

I have very blessed to have a bike trail that goes 13 miles each way and 11 miles the other way. It goes thru bridges and lakes.

I like to cycle everyday, but I have to work and on weekend I need to work around my house. I would love to bicycle everyday.

Nothing beats experimentation. You should do whatever is suitable to your fitness level and capacity. Try it out and let us know if two rides a day is ok for you.

sunshiney said:
Myself and the friends that I cycle with will occasionally go on more than one ride a day. We do a lot of mountain biking so sometimes after we finish up on a certain trail we'll hop in the truck and drive to another one. That usually only happens when we've set the whole day aside for riding though.
I wonder what its like when you do mountain cycling. It must be very cool and tranquil. At the same time I can imagine that your bikes have to be in tip top shape.

Keyan said:
I know the feeling!

I'm so stuck in my ways sometimes that I find it quite difficult to "break the mould", as the saying goes...