Do any (older) Pinarellos have odd size threadless steerers?

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,652
A friend of mine has a steel Pinarello Sestriere that we gather (he bought it 2nd hand) is about a 2001 model, and seems to have a one inch (threadless) steerer on the steel Pinarello fork.

He just bought a new 1" threadless headset which is a bit loose, and is therefore difficult to adjust perfectly. He has some movement on front braking

I didn't have a vernier handy, just a ruler, and there's no way the steerer is anywhere near 25.4mm -- more like 25mm

Is it possible???

A Muzi

Guest
531Aussie wrote:
> A friend of mine has a steel Pinarello Sestriere that we gather (he
> bought it 2nd hand) is about a 2001 model, and -seems- to have a one
> inch (threadless) steerer on the steel Pinarello fork.
>
> He just bought a new 1" threadless headset which is a bit loose, and is
> therefore difficult to adjust perfectly. He has some movement on front
> braking
>
> I didn't have a vernier handy, just a ruler, and there's no way the
> steerer is anywhere near 25.4mm -- more like 25mm
>
> Is it possible???

Common assembly 'difficulty' is to leave out the conical centering ring
inside the cone. Often missing with 'used' headsets. . .

AFAIK there's no such animal as a metric 25.0 AH column.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org