Do bodybuilders drink milk?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Feb 1, 2006.

  1. I think they don't. Schwarzenegger said it's for babies.

    Did you see the DVD-only footage on the Pumping Iron DVD? Arnold
    ordered scrambled eggs and three thick steaks.
     
    Tags:


  2. TheGist

    TheGist Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I think they don't. Schwarzenegger said it's for babies.


    That is a typical european attitude towards adult concumption of cow's
    milk, not necessarily a bodybuilder's attitude.

    > Did you see the DVD-only footage on the Pumping Iron DVD? Arnold
    > ordered scrambled eggs and three thick steaks.


    I'd have skipped the eggs and ordered another steak!!
     
  3. John

    John Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I think they don't. Schwarzenegger said it's for babies.
    >
    > Did you see the DVD-only footage on the Pumping Iron DVD? Arnold
    > ordered scrambled eggs and three thick steaks.


    He also said men drink beer. Do you think bodybuilders drink a lot of carb
    loaded beer?
     
  4. Big Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    On 1 Feb 2006 10:04:22 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I think they don't. Schwarzenegger said it's for babies.
    >
    >Did you see the DVD-only footage on the Pumping Iron DVD? Arnold
    >ordered scrambled eggs and three thick steaks.


    Think back to the old days; look at what was accomplished on squats
    and milk. Mind, milk was milk then, not the milk-flavoured drink it is
    now. It came out of a cow, not a machine.

    BB
    --
    http://www.crystal-liaison.com/willow-tree/index.html [email protected]
    Gifty! Shiny! Arty! BB!
     
  5. Alain

    Alain Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 04:55:00 GMT, Big Bill <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Mind, milk was milk then, not the milk-flavoured drink it is
    >now. It came out of a cow, not a machine.


    Milk hasn't changed since the 50's you dumbass.
     
  6. mct546

    mct546 Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I think they don't. Schwarzenegger said it's for babies.
    >
    > Did you see the DVD-only footage on the Pumping Iron DVD? Arnold
    > ordered scrambled eggs and three thick steaks.



    He was also in the habit of giving out BAD advise, on purpose to other
    builders. He admits this in the movie, "It's not that hard for me to
    give him the wrong advises." In his book Education of a bodybuilder,
    his weight gaining diet has you drinking 2 glasses of milk with at
    least a few of the meals.
     
  7. a lot of body builders actually use milk as a meal replacement. They
    will drink a half gallon for lunch.

    or you can try some tasty protein bars? Article on some popular ones
    http://www.iamfood.com/cgi-bin/articles.cgi?aid=16

    but I think a well balanced diet is safer in the long run
     
  8. joanne

    joanne Guest

    Alain wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 04:55:00 GMT, Big Bill <[email protected]>
    > wrote:>
    > > Mind, milk was milk then, not the milk-flavoured drink it is
    > >now. It came out of a cow, not a machine.

    >
    > Milk hasn't changed since the 50's you dumbass.



    You are so naive ...
    Go read about rBST or rBGH - just an example::
    http://www.foodrevolution.org/askjohn/22.htm
    And then there's the overabundance of antibiotics/pesticides in todays
    milk....



    joanne
     
  9. Smart retard

    Smart retard Guest

    On 2 Feb 2006 08:11:49 -0800, "joanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You are so naive ...


    Carpet muncher.
     
  10. Big Bill

    Big Bill Guest

  11. allbpen

    allbpen Guest

    Also the Japanese cant handle much alcohol--
     
  12. rick++

    rick++ Guest

    Milkk is hard for the majority of adults to digest, except those
    with European ancestry. One might find if it does give one
    indigestion outright it might interfere with absorbing other
    nutrients.
     
  13. DZ

    DZ Guest

    rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Milkk is hard for the majority of adults to digest, except those
    > with European ancestry. One might find if it does give one
    > indigestion outright it might interfere with absorbing other
    > nutrients.


    Adult lactose intolerance is quite prevalent among Europeans. Some
    percentages for lactose intolerance for Europeans (Swallow DM
    Ann. Rev. Genet 2003 37:197-219), note gradient toward south and east:

    Swedish: 10%
    Danish: 15%
    British: 20%
    Swiss: 30%
    Spanish: 45%
    German: 30-45% (cline toward the south)
    Austrian: 35%
    Polish: 50%
    Russian: 65%
    Italian: 60%-80% (cline toward the south)
     
  14. DZ wrote:
    > rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Milkk is hard for the majority of adults to digest, except those
    > > with European ancestry. One might find if it does give one
    > > indigestion outright it might interfere with absorbing other
    > > nutrients.

    >
    > Adult lactose intolerance is quite prevalent among Europeans. Some
    > percentages for lactose intolerance for Europeans (Swallow DM
    > Ann. Rev. Genet 2003 37:197-219), note gradient toward south and east:
    >
    > Swedish: 10%
    > Danish: 15%
    > British: 20%
    > Swiss: 30%
    > Spanish: 45%
    > German: 30-45% (cline toward the south)
    > Austrian: 35%
    > Polish: 50%
    > Russian: 65%
    > Italian: 60%-80% (cline toward the south)


    An intolerance to something we were not designed to digest is normal.
    Whats the rattlesnake venom intolerance level for the Swiss I wonder.
     
  15. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > DZ wrote:
    >> rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > Milkk is hard for the majority of adults to digest, except those
    >> > with European ancestry. One might find if it does give one
    >> > indigestion outright it might interfere with absorbing other
    >> > nutrients.

    >>
    >> Adult lactose intolerance is quite prevalent among Europeans. Some
    >> percentages for lactose intolerance for Europeans (Swallow DM
    >> Ann. Rev. Genet 2003 37:197-219), note gradient toward south and east:
    >>
    >> Swedish: 10%
    >> Danish: 15%
    >> British: 20%
    >> Swiss: 30%
    >> Spanish: 45%
    >> German: 30-45% (cline toward the south)
    >> Austrian: 35%
    >> Polish: 50%
    >> Russian: 65%
    >> Italian: 60%-80% (cline toward the south)

    >
    > An intolerance to something we were not designed to digest is normal.
    > Whats the rattlesnake venom intolerance level for the Swiss I wonder.


    A Swiss wouldn't bother, since it contains neither the calcium or protein
    that milk does.

    Keep taking your ephedra, I'll keep drinking milk, ice cream, eating cheese,
    yoghurt, milkshakes etc.

    I'll trust organic milk before I trust saccharine, sweet and low, equal, and
    other non food chemical sweeteners.

    Do you honestly not consume milk and milk products, cheese etc.?
     
  16. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "Awful Knopfel" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> DZ wrote:
    >>> rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> > Milkk is hard for the majority of adults to digest, except those
    >>> > with European ancestry. One might find if it does give one
    >>> > indigestion outright it might interfere with absorbing other
    >>> > nutrients.
    >>>
    >>> Adult lactose intolerance is quite prevalent among Europeans. Some
    >>> percentages for lactose intolerance for Europeans (Swallow DM
    >>> Ann. Rev. Genet 2003 37:197-219), note gradient toward south and east:
    >>>
    >>> Swedish: 10%
    >>> Danish: 15%
    >>> British: 20%
    >>> Swiss: 30%
    >>> Spanish: 45%
    >>> German: 30-45% (cline toward the south)
    >>> Austrian: 35%
    >>> Polish: 50%
    >>> Russian: 65%
    >>> Italian: 60%-80% (cline toward the south)

    >>
    >> An intolerance to something we were not designed to digest is normal.
    >> Whats the rattlesnake venom intolerance level for the Swiss I wonder.

    >
    >A Swiss wouldn't bother, since it contains neither the calcium or protein
    >that milk does.
    >
    >Keep taking your ephedra, I'll keep drinking milk, ice cream, eating cheese,
    >yoghurt, milkshakes etc.
    >
    >I'll trust organic milk before I trust saccharine, sweet and low, equal, and
    >other non food chemical sweeteners.
    >
    >Do you honestly not consume milk and milk products, cheese etc.?


    Do you honestly believe that using the words "non food chemical"
    somehow validates your views?
     
  17. DZ

    DZ Guest

    Awful Knopfel <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Do you honestly not consume milk and milk products, cheese etc.?


    This is a strange question. It implies that lactose intolerant still
    consume milk, but covertly.

    For products with actual milk there is lactase enzyme one can take.
    Fermented milk products like sour cream, yogurt and cheese contain
    little lactose - it is the first thing broken by fermentation. In
    addition, lactose is water soluble and goes away with the liquid left
    from preparation of things like butter. There are different degrees of
    intolerance - some can eat any amount of sour cream or cheese without
    any problem, but not the milk.
     
  18. Leo Betters

    Leo Betters Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:13:00 GMT, Big Bill <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Sure it has, you arse-wipe.


    Not significantly, bunghole.
     
  19. Leo Betters

    Leo Betters Guest

    On 04 Feb 2006 03:00:29 GMT, DZ
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This is a strange question. It implies that lactose intolerant still
    >consume milk, but covertly.


    Admit it! You LIKE explosive diarhea, don't you?
     
  20. Russian Bear

    Russian Bear Guest

    On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:56:45 GMT, Big Bill <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >>Well the japs eats human crap for fun,

    >
    >The japs and the Lib-Dems.


    If lib-dems ate crap, there'd be no republicans left.
     
Loading...
Loading...