?? Do Campagnolo Bottom Brackets NOT need a Lockring??

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
Hi. Any help would be appreciated. It certainly looks like it needs a lockring(like Shimano et al) but may be not as I've been told they don't. Thanks for the advice, Paul :)

Bigbananabike said:
Hi. Any help would be appreciated. It certainly looks like it needs a lockring(like Shimano et al) but may be not as I've been told they don't. Thanks for the advice, Paul :)

You mean BB , or to hold your cassette on your hub - lockring :confused: :)

The only lockring I know of , is the one on then end of the hub.

Adam-from-SLO said:
You mean BB , or to hold your cassette on your hub - lockring :confused: :)

The only lockring I know of , is the one on then end of the hub.
There is a ring that is threaded that goes on Shimano square taper and Shimano Octalink cartridge bottom brackets to tighten it from one side. The same is true for current generation Campy cartridge bottom brackets, at least the three Chorus bb's I own work that way.

Bigbananabike said:

Standard Campy BBs (102mm or 111mm; assymetrical or non assymetrical) don't require lockrings.

Woofer said:
There is a ring that is threaded that goes on Shimano square taper and Shimano Octalink cartridge bottom brackets to tighten it from one side. The same is true for current generation Campy cartridge bottom brackets, at least the three Chorus bb's I own work that way.

Yep, if the OP is referring to the cup then he most certainly needs it for any BB I've ever seen.

Tonto said:
Yep, if the OP is referring to the cup then he most certainly needs it for any BB I've ever seen.

Any late model Campy BB (dbl or triple - record, chorus, centaur, veloce and mirage) DO NOT need lockrings.

For reference just download the pdf manual from the campagnolo site.