Do good value for performance bikes have to be American?

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In news:[email protected], Mark South
> <[email protected]> typed:
> > "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...

> >> ... the mainland of what?
> >
> > Mainland China. It would have sounded dumb to write
> > "from Taiwan and China." since Taiwan is China.
>
> Well, you don't have to take that line, as you're not
> trying to keep up good diplomatic relations with Beijing.

Up to a point, Lord Copper.

Taiwan is officially the Republic of China and the mainland
is the People's Republic of China. So they both seem to be
under the impression that they are China.
--
"Since you must keep improving, a $5 bike offers a lot more
opportunities to improve it, and can be improved cheaper.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:05:02 GMT, Simon Brooke <[email protected]>
wrote:

>There are actually plenty of good non-US manufacturers,
>but, unless you're prejudiced (and I know people who
>are) many of the big American brands do offer good value
>for money.

It might not be prejudice so much as a domestic ethical
procurement policy. America's not the only nation on my
current blacklist.