Do I need a jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tue, 13 May 2003 19:12:25 -0500, Kevan Smith <[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

|On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:42:57 GMT, "Bob" <[email protected]> from Prodigy |Internet
http://www.prodigy.com wrote:
|
|>here in CT, though, the sweat is tenacious as the humidity is so high.
|
|Oh, please. You don't know humidity. Come down here to Louisiana for some |humidity.

Heh, we don't know riding at the North Pole either, but it sure felt like it this extended
winter.....

Still wearing multiple layers and sweats on occasion, -c.porter.

"Stephen Harding" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kevan Smith wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:42:57 GMT, "Bob" <[email protected]> from
Prodigy
> > Internet http://www.prodigy.com wrote:
> >
> > >here in CT, though, the sweat is tenacious as the humidity is so high.
> >
> > Oh, please. You don't know humidity. Come down here to Louisiana for
some
> > humidity.
>
> I've been to Louisiana on several occasions and I wasn't that impressed.
>
> People are always surprised at how hot and humid New England can be in August (especially).
>
> Not at all a part of the New England image.
>
> Now mosquitoes...well I was impressed in Louisiana!
>
>
> SMH
>
I guess I should've mentioned that I've also lived in Florida. I would assume that FL and Louisiana
have similar humidity? Plus, I lived for a while in AZ, so anything above about 30% humidity is
high. The benefit to CT is that the "hot" weather lasts maybe a month. In AZ, I think it's hot all
the time. There's never a time when it isn't hot. Well, I guess there is one day in January.

--
Bob ctviggen at rcn dot com

"Larry Schudt" <[email protected]> wrote in message .com...

> > In another thread, I remarked on the ******* term 'groupo', which has
> no legitimate meaning... Fabs you blew it this time. In English, it's group. In Italian, it's
> gruppo. The term 'groupo' is totally unnecessary. Only a euro-poseur would use such a word!

Well Frankie Andreu uses it, and the guys at La Bicicletta use that term, so what more do you want?

I've even seen John Lieswyn use it in his race report to discribe a small breakaway group, he said
'groupo compacto'.

Ok, so Lieswyn has never proven himself against the best UCI riders like I have, but he still has
something to say.

"Stephen Harding" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kevan Smith wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:42:57 GMT, "Bob" <[email protected]> from
Prodigy
> > Internet http://www.prodigy.com wrote:
> >
> > >here in CT, though, the sweat is tenacious as the humidity is so high.
> >
> > Oh, please. You don't know humidity. Come down here to Louisiana for
some
> > humidity.
>
> I've been to Louisiana on several occasions and I wasn't that impressed.
>
> People are always surprised at how hot and humid New England can be in August (especially).

Coming from the Mississippi River Valley near St. Louis, where you can find some of the
God-awfullest weather in the United States, I was most impressed with one July/August I spent in
Baltimore. Absolutely ridiculous heat/humidity.

>
> Not at all a part of the New England image.
>
> Now mosquitoes...well I was impressed in Louisiana!
>

Once again, try the MRV.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> "Stephen Harding" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Kevan Smith wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:42:57 GMT, "Bob" <[email protected]> from
> Prodigy
> > > Internet http://www.prodigy.com wrote:
> > >
> > > >here in CT, though, the sweat is tenacious as the humidity is so high.
> > >
> > > Oh, please. You don't know humidity. Come down here to Louisiana for
> some
> > > humidity.
> >
> > I've been to Louisiana on several occasions and I wasn't that impressed.
> >
> > People are always surprised at how hot and humid New England can be in August (especially).
>
> Coming from the Mississippi River Valley near St. Louis, where you can find some of the
> God-awfullest weather in the United States, I was most impressed with one July/August I spent in
> Baltimore. Absolutely ridiculous heat/humidity.

I was raised in the midwest (Iowa) and my grandparents lived in Missouri, so I spent time there too,
and moved around to various places in the Navy. None of them compare for miserable summer weather to
central Florida (Orlando). Hotter than New England (not more humid, though), and generally both
hotter and more humid than the midwest (though the hottest days are hotter in IA and MO), and
thunderstorms nearly every afternoon between 2:30 and 3:00, which commonly dumped an inch or more of
rain in less than an hour.

--
David Kerber An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good Lord,
it's morning".

Remove the ns_ from the address before e-mailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.