Do I Truly Need A Cycling Coach?

The main reason you need a coach is to motivationaly push you to go biking everyday. Other than that, he'll give you advice on what to do or what programs his other customers have used and what did/didn't work for them. He's basically a human version of this forum.

The main reason you need a coach is to motivationaly push you to go biking everyday. Other than that, he'll give you advice on what to do or what programs his other customers have used and what did/didn't work for them. He's basically a human version of this forum.

While still learning the ropes if you can afford a coach then get one. There are things we learn on our own and from friends or online reading but if you are serious about it a good coach can teach you a couple more. A seasoned coach is better than a good book or tutorial you see online. Although I do not need one now because my aim in cycling is different. I need not learn techniques or tips that are different from what I already know.

E.Mil77 said:
If you need the extra help and motivation then go for it but I don't think a coach is necessary.
Yes, you can do it yourself and not "waste" your money on a coach, especially when your already sceptical thinking about this idea.

I wouldn't say that you need a coach if it's just a hobby and a bit of fun for you, however if you're wanting to take it more seriously than that, and actually win races, then perhaps a coach would be a good idea. The great thing about them is that they are able to take a look at how you're riding and give you ways in which you can improve without having to really analyse yourself - which is something that many people find themselves doing when riding. A coach might be a worthwhile investment for a short time, just to make sure you're doing everything right, and then you can break out and do it on your own when you are comfortable with your own technique.