Do Mt. Bikers Ski or Board?

I board, I found it easier to learn. Am really interested in telemark skiing though, looks excellent on the piste, apparently it's a bit tough to learn but hell, still looks cool

Originally posted by SeattleBiker
Do you ski or snowboard?

I do a lot of the uphill (cross country) skiing and snowshoeing in the winter here. I have to do something to stay in shape while we go an entire month at a time without the mercury rising above freezing.

As far as resort skiing goes, it sounds a lot like golf. First, spend a load of dough on equipment. Second, spend a lot more dough for the chance to use the equipment you just paid for.

Backcountry skiing and snowshoeing are more like biking and hiking. I still have to buy the equipment, but nobody charges me for using the roads or the trails as often as I want for as long as I want.

I ski but haven't done so for a few years due to work, study etc

skiing is fairly lame in Australia so i'm hoping to get over to italy in the near future

Ski!!!!!!

I wanna buy a used pair of those "snowblades" too. Your ski boots can clip right into them. That way at a mountain you can keep switching back and forth.

Originally posted by SeattleBiker
Do you ski or snowboard?

--------------------------------

If you snowboard then make sure you check out my auctions.

I even have a road frame up.

Who cares? This just seems like a polite way of advertising your ebay auctions?

I'm a skier of 20+ years. I must be old - I never thought I'd say I've done anything for 20 years.

Its all about the skiing baby! I am a freestyle skier, so I love to hit the jumps but I like carving turns in fresh powder just as much.

BOTH...... BUT THEY JUST USE THE LIFTS AS WELL BCOS YOU CANT BEAT THE SKI LIFTS FOR A LIFT UP BEFORE A DH RUN CAN YA ?