rooman

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
1,167
https://www.donotcall.gov.au

register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er pieces?)...

haha... now if spam was so easy..

oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say black i say white....dadadaa!

On 2007-05-03, rooman <[email protected]> wrote:
> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Slow response. Either they cheaped out on the server, or they *really*
underestimated the desire people have for something like this.

> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!

Anybody spare me a few grand for a recumbent? Don't worry, I'll pay for
the false beard myself.

On May 3, 11:48 am, rooman <rooman.2pz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
>
> register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er
> pieces?)...
>
> haha... now if spam was so easy..
>
> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!
>
> --
> rooman

Erm, that would appear to be a US site. Not sure there's much point
registering Aussie phone numbers there...

On 2007-05-03, rooman <[email protected]> wrote:
> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Slow response. Either they cheaped out on the server, or they *really*
underestimated the desire people have for something like this.

> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!

Anybody spare me a few grand for a recumbent? Don't worry, I'll pay for
the false beard myself.

bit of both, but I would say it is demand...a huge pent up glacial lake, a volcanic lahar, a hell of a lot of people fed up with the crud we have had for too long...

I guess the do not call registration will drive spammers to fill the void and send us more eCrud...

.oh yeah CF Topic ... here is Wheely Good image I think makes sense , about the Influence of the Spoken Wheel ...ere tis!

gse_multipart31531.png

On May 3, 12:22 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On May 3, 11:48 am, rooman <rooman.2pz...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> >https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

> > register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er
> > pieces?)...

> > haha... now if spam was so easy..

> > oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> > black i say white....dadadaa!

> > --
> > rooman

> Erm, that would appear to be a US site. Not sure there's much point
> registering Aussie phone numbers there...

Try...

http://www.donotcall.gov.au/

'tis slow, but.

Tony F

Stuart Lamble said:
Anybody spare me a few grand for a recumbent? Don't worry, I'll pay for
the false beard myself.

That reminds me of a chap spectating at the Comms Games road circuit last year. Carbon road shoes, black explorer socks. Pulled up. Faded Spicer rain jacket. Full beard. Ancient mesh helmet cover. It was truly a Winning Look.

*ducks*

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 03 May 2007 02:07:29 GMT
Stuart Lamble <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anybody spare me a few grand for a recumbent? Don't worry, I'll pay for
> the false beard myself.

Just need a grotty y frame mtb and a cruzbike kit.

I'm not sure Cruzbike riders are required to have the beard so
win-win!

Zebee

On May 3, 11:48 am, mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

Erm, that would appear to be a US site. Not sure there's much point
registering Aussie phone numbers there...
erm, partly right......read the press... the US service is similar and been operating for some time, , but we now have an Aussie number service..., so want to try again.

You get 7 days to validate your reg'n after you set it up, so if the server is busy, try later.

here is todays news from 2GB online :
http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1835&Itemid=204

and the link to the site

www.donotcall.gov.au

On May 3, 1:19 pm, rooman <rooman.2pz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>
> > On May 3, 11:48 am, mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> > Erm, that would appear to be a US site. Not sure there's much point
> > registering Aussie phone numbers there...

> erm, partly right......read the press... I expect they have some US
> support for this as the US serive is a morror set up, , but we now
> have an Aussie number service..., so want to try again.
>
> You get 7 days to validate your reg'n after you set it up, so if the
> server is busy, try later.
>
> here is todays news from 2GB online :http://tinyurl.com/24yhgk
>
> and the link to the site
>
> 'www.donotcall.gov.au'(http://www.donotcall.gov.au)

The exclusions list makes it pretty useless, unfortunately.

Bleve said:
On May 3, 1:19 pm, rooman <rooman.2pz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>
> > On May 3, 11:48 am, mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> > Erm, that would appear to be a US site. Not sure there's much point
> > registering Aussie phone numbers there...

> erm, partly right......read the press... I expect they have some US
> support for this as the US serive is a morror set up, , but we now
> have an Aussie number service..., so want to try again.
>
> You get 7 days to validate your reg'n after you set it up, so if the
> server is busy, try later.
>
> here is todays news from 2GB online :http://tinyurl.com/24yhgk
>
> and the link to the site
>
> 'www.donotcall.gov.au'(http://www.donotcall.gov.au)

The exclusions list makes it pretty useless, unfortunately.
I'm happy that commercial entities selling stuff (time share, property, new energy billing blah blah blah) are in the firing line...

I'm unlisted at home and get calls every night from some character selling mobile phone connections from Mumbai or Time Share or offering a free holiday to attend a Neg gearing Seminar opportunity...good old Bayside, just the perfect demographic filled phone area for high call hit rates for these annoying organisations . They arnt on the exceptions list...

sure they will all now say "Oh we are doing research?"...but tuff, anything that is a wedge wins....and I expect there will be cases down the track where callers who are not legit exemptions just might get a federal prosecution...cool by me!

Theo Bekkers said:
Fractal wrote:
> "rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
>> [image:
>> http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/3905/1534/212/z/273783/gse_multipart31531.png]

> Ive heard of complete bastards and complete idiots and so on but
> wots a complete street?

All the houses.

Theo
An urban planning concept related to integrating sustainable transport infrastructure and design to improve walking and cycling opportunities in communities.

it is forming the basis of many urban renewal projects and is being considered in NZ, US and Europe. It's primary drive is to counter high dependancy upon motorised vehicles and to reduce HGV's in urban streets among other initiatives....the US has embarked upon a legislative program...here are some links to whet your appetite or drive you mad...whatever twists your curls

http://www.activelivingresources.org/assets/complete_streets.pdf
http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?PageID=775
http://www.livablecity.org/campaigns/completestreets.html
http://www.americabikes.org/bicycleaccomodation_factsheet_completestreets.asp
http://www.calbike.org/pdfs/AB1358_Fact_Sheet.pdf
http://newhorizonsbikes.com/page.cfm?PageID=203
http://www.completestreets.org/documents/cs-health-print.pdf

rooman wrote:
> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
>
> register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er
> pieces?)...
>
> haha... now if spam was so easy..
>
> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!

It wont accept my info and tells me to correct my area code. Duuuh I
Think I know what my area code is!

''s ok, you are using the link that directs to the septic's ver. ( my mistake, senior's moment) use this one www.donotcall.gov.au

"rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> Fractal wrote:
>> > "rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> > message news:[email protected]...
>> >>

>> '\"]http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/3905/1534/212/z/273783/gse_multipart31531.png]'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/2hj24g)
>> >

>> > Ive heard of complete bastards and complete idiots and so on but
>> > wots a complete street?

>> All the houses.
>>
>> Theo

>An urban planning concept related to integrating sustainable transport
> infrastructure and design to improve walking and cycling opportunities
> in communities.
>
> it is forming the basis of many urban renewal projects and is being
> considered in NZ, US and Europe. It's primary drive is to counter high
> dependancy upon motorised vehicles and to reduce HGV's in urban streets
> among other initiatives....the US has embarked upon a legislative
> program...here are some links to whet your appetite or drive you
> mad...whatever twists your curls

> http://www.activelivingresources.org/assets/complete_streets.pdf
> http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?PageID=775
> http://www.livablecity.org/campaigns/completestreets.html
> http://tinyurl.com/youtkk
> http://www.calbike.org/pdfs/AB1358_Fact_Sheet.pdf
> http://newhorizonsbikes.com/page.cfm?PageID=203
> http://www.completestreets.org/documents/cs-health-print.pdf
>

> --
> rooman

From thunderhead alliance (www.thunderheadalliance.org/completestreets.htm:)

"Any street that serves only some modes at the safety expense of others is
incomplete."

I can agree with that. I'd like to see the RTA adopt it as a motto. Then
they could start saying to each other "He's a complete street" as some sort
of compliment, or he is one lane short of a complete street, etc...

Any way, time Wheels of Justice took it up, and BV, BFA, etc. Great idea,
wider and more inclusive than "Bike Friendly Communities" or "the road is
there to share" and other campaigns. One problem may be that it might just
be used for "prettying up" urban main streets with cafes and angle parking
and slow points etc but not really making them much better for cyclists. It
needs to be applied to arterial roads and freeways as well.

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> Slow response. Either they cheaped out on the server, or they *really*
> underestimated the desire people have for something like this.

I take it that you are not familiar with the normal Federal government
website?

I had to enter the funny characters 5 time,

"rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
>
> register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er
> pieces?)...
>
> haha... now if spam was so easy..
>
> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!
>

> --
> rooman

Sure that is not a dodgy site? The one at www.dontcall.gov.au appears to
look a hell of a lot more offcial.

Cheers

Paul Yates said:
"rooman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
>
> register away and have some peace at home at dinner time...(er
> pieces?)...
>
> haha... now if spam was so easy..
>
> oh On relevance as a CF Topic...bicycle, bicycle...bicycle...I say
> black i say white....dadadaa!
>

> --
> rooman

Sure that is not a dodgy site? The one at www.dontcall.gov.au appears to