Do not wide on the sidewalk

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Alfred Ryder, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. Alfred Ryder

    Alfred Ryder Guest

    Just received an email from the League of American Bicyclists with the
    following first sentence: "The Bike Commuter Club at the National Institutes
    of Health, which boasts more than 300 members, sent out a call to action
    last week when they learned that new security gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    campus would not permit bicycles to enter through the vehicle gates, forcing
    them to wide on the sidewalk and wait in long queues with pedestrians."

    Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    sidewalk"?

    Tags:

  2. BobT

    BobT Guest

    "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just received an email from the League of American Bicyclists with the
    > following first sentence: "The Bike Commuter Club at the National
    > Institutes
    > of Health, which boasts more than 300 members, sent out a call to action
    > last week when they learned that new security gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    > campus would not permit bicycles to enter through the vehicle gates,
    > forcing
    > them to wide on the sidewalk and wait in long queues with pedestrians."
    >
    > Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    > sidewalk"?

    Sounds like these wules wu made by Elmer Fudd.

    BobT

  3. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Just received an email from the League of American Bicyclists with the
    > following first sentence: "The Bike Commuter Club at the National Institutes
    > of Health, which boasts more than 300 members, sent out a call to action
    > last week when they learned that new security gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    > campus would not permit bicycles to enter through the vehicle gates, forcing
    > them to wide on the sidewalk and wait in long queues with pedestrians."

    That's absowutewy wedicuwous. In fact, it's downwight pwepostuwous.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  4. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    Alfred Ryder wrote:
    > Just received an email from the League of American Bicyclists with the
    > following first sentence: "The Bike Commuter Club at the National Institutes
    > of Health, which boasts more than 300 members, sent out a call to action
    > last week when they learned that new security gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    > campus would not permit bicycles to enter through the vehicle gates, forcing
    > them to wide on the sidewalk and wait in long queues with pedestrians."
    >
    > Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    > sidewalk"?

    Genewally it means someone pwessed the wong key on their keyboawd, and
    fowgot to wun the spellchecker. :)

    This joke will never end.....

  5. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    > sidewalk"?

    Author had a lisp, obviously ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  6. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "Alfred Ryder" wrote:(clip)Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    sidewalk"?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I see nothing wrong with it, if they have a wide sidewalk.

  7. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Leo Lichtman wrote:
    > "Alfred Ryder" wrote:(clip)Can anyone explain what it means to "wide
    > on the sidewalk"?
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > I see nothing wrong with it, if they have a wide sidewalk.

    Don't you mean a RIDE sidewalk?

  8. Fritz M

    Fritz M Guest

    The Rogster wote:

    > Genewally it means someone pwessed the wong key on their keyboawd, and
    > fowgot to wun the spellchecker. :)

    Except "wide" is a walid word.

    WFM

  9. D2

    D2 Guest

    As reported by Barbara WaWa. . .

  10. It means be verwy verwy quiet, they're hunting Wabbits!

    - -

    "May you have the winds at your back,
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  11. Bob the Cow

    Bob the Cow Guest

  12. wafflycat wrote:

    > "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >> Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    >> sidewalk"?
    >>

    > Author had a lisp, obviously ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s

    You mean the authah had a withp, of courthe?

    --

    the black rose
    Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

    -------- __o
    ----- -\<. -------- __o
    --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
    -------------------- ( )/ ( )

  13. AustinMN

    AustinMN Guest

    The Wogster noted:

    > Genewally it means someone pwessed the wong key on their keyboawd, and
    > fowgot to wun the spellchecker. :)

    I have a spelling checker.
    It came with my pea sea.
    It plane lee marks four my revue
    Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

    Eye ran this poem threw it,
    Your sure reel glad two no.
    Its vary polished in it's weigh.
    My checker tolled me sew.

    A checker is a bless sing,
    It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
    It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
    And aides me when I rime.

    Each frays come posed up on my screen
    eye trussed too bee a joule.
    The checker pours o'er every word
    To cheque sum spelling rule.

    Bee fore a veiling checker's Hour
    spelling mite decline,
    And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
    We wood bee maid too wine.

    Butt now bee cause my spelling
    Is checked with such grate flair,
    Their are no fault's with in my cite,
    Of nun eye am a ware.

    Now spelling does knot phase me,
    It does knot bring a tier.
    My pay purrs awl due glad den
    With wrapped word's fare as hear.

    To rite with care is quite a feet
    Of witch won should be proud,
    And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
    Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

    Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays,
    Such soft wear four pea seas,
    And why eye brake in two averse
    Buy righting too pleas.

  14. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "AustinMN" wrote:
    > I have a spelling checker.
    > It came with my pea sea.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ROTFLMAO. I can't type right now. I'll get back to you.

  15. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "the black rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> Author had a lisp, obviously ;-)
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s
    >>

    > You mean the authah had a withp, of courthe?

    Oh dear, that'th a weelly, weely bad wone.

    Cheers, helen s

  16. Sock Puppet

    Sock Puppet Guest

    On 30-Aug-2005, "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Just received an email from the League of American Bicyclists with the
    > following first sentence: "The Bike Commuter Club at the National
    > Institutes
    > of Health, which boasts more than 300 members, sent out a call to action
    > last week when they learned that new security gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    > campus would not permit bicycles to enter through the vehicle gates,
    > forcing
    > them to wide on the sidewalk and wait in long queues with pedestrians."
    >
    > Sounds faintly vulgar. Can anyone explain what it means to "wide on the
    > sidewalk"?

    Translation by Elmer Fudd:

    Just weceived an emaiw fwom the Weague of Amewican Bicycwists wif the
    fowwowing fiwst sentence: "De Bike Commutew Cwub at the Nationaw Institutes
    of Heawth, which boasts mowe than 300 membews, sent out a caww to action
    wast week when they weawned that new secuwity gates at NIH's Bethesda, Md.
    campus wouwd not pewmit bicycwes to entew thwough the vehicwe gates, fowcing
    them to wide on the sidewawk and wait in wong qweues wif pedestwians. Oh,
    dat scwewy wabbit! " Sounds faintwy vuwgaw. Can anyone expwain what it means
    to "wide on the sidewawk"?

    --
    Sock Puppet

  17. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    Awso, do not wide thwough the dwive thwough wane.