Do people reply to posts?

Anyone?

Dec 22, 2009
Hi,

I post here and other sites. While the other sites seem to generate responses/post this site doesn't seem to. If this was the only site on which I post, I'd have put it down to my inane Threads but the same Threads on other sites get answers!

Any ideas? :confused:

Anyone? said:
Hi,

I post here and other sites. While the other sites seem to generate responses/post this site doesn't seem to. If this was the only site on which I post, I'd have put it down to my inane Threads but the same Threads on other sites get answers!

Sometimes it takes a little bit of time. Sometimes I'll post something, and before it falls off the front page I'll add another question in the form of a reply so it gets one more turn at the top of the page. If that doesn't do it, I'll assume I'm missing the target here. That being said, a lot of the regulars post replies in waves, so patience helps. A tip: Post a thread titled: "Ksyriums Kick Butt! Handbuilts Stink!" and you're sure to get a reply. :rolleyes:

This seems to be your first post so I am a bit confused unless you been posting as a guest or another name.
Either way the answer is yes, since this is your second reply.

Thx PeterF, like the idea and if my handbuilts did stick I'd be on here with an angry face :mad:

And thx jhuskey, yep I do normally post under another name ;) but didn't want to blot my copybook, hense the subterfuge :eek:

Anyone? said:
Thx PeterF, like the idea and if my handbuilts did stick I'd be on here with an angry face :mad:

And thx jhuskey, yep I do normally post under another name ;) but didn't want to blot my copybook, hense the subterfuge :eek:

I think some older posters are reluctant to reply to questions that have been repeated many time.
It's is hard to understand that although you have responded to "which bike should I buy" a hundred times it is still the first time a particular poster has asked it.

Anyone? said:
If this was the only site on which I post, I'd have put it down to my inane Threads but the same Threads on other sites get answers!

Possibly the posters on those other sites are more interested in replying to inane threads than we are here. Who knows?

3 people have taken time to respond here just to be polite, and I'd say that's about as good as can be expected. Which of your threads that contained some degree of cycling-related substance didn't receive any responses?

Posting under a second screen name, especially when the post is as vague as this one, isn't likely to net you any answers. I don't see the utility or reason in using a second screen name to post.

Anyone? said:
Hi,

No

If you want lots of replies but don't care too much about the quality, try going over to bikeforums.net.

thx for all your comments, clearly people do care :D

Now how do I delete this thread :confused:

Anyone? said:
Now how do I delete this thread :confused:
If your time limit for editing/deleting your post that started this thread has elapsed, you can't. One of us would have to do that.

As a rule, we don't delete threads unless they're either SPAM or complete nonsense.

cyberlegend1994 said:
If your time limit for editing/deleting your post that started this thread has elapsed, you can't. One of us would have to do that.

As a rule, we don't delete threads unless they're either SPAM or complete nonsense.
Think before you post!

Sometimes if the post isn't interesting, it takes a long time to have a reply. I had a post once in another forum which took 3 months for a reply. Usually question posts are quickly replied on.

Sometimes the replies are nasty. I quit another forum over a year ago because of elitists with their superior attitudes, and ignorant people who can't understand a simple statement or question. I got tired of giving a response, only to be told I don't know what I'm talking about. I decided after the last forum, that I wouldn't sign on with another one, but here I am.

Posting under a second screen name, especially when the post is as vague as this one, isn't likely to net you any answers. I don't see the utility or reason in using a second screen name to post.

That is tye thing about posts getting replies and another thing that I have noticed is that when post are going off the need for cycling and any related news, then getting an answer is going to be orepre difficult as well.

That's funny. I think it does get reply to posts. I've been here for quite some time. While for newcomers it might seem like that, the longer you stay, the more you realize just how active members are here.

I think some older posters are reluctant to reply to questions that have been repeated many time.
It's is hard to understand that although you have responded to "which bike should I buy" a hundred times it is still the first time a particular poster has asked it.

That's likely true. Many members have seen lots of repeated and repetitive questions. But I'm personally okay with answering similar questions.