Do people reply to posts?

Sometimes if the post isn't interesting, it takes a long time to have a reply. I had a post once in another forum which took 3 months for a reply. Usually question posts are quickly replied on.

This is the simplest answer. You need to have interesting posts and topics. That's how you get replies to your thread.

Sometimes the replies are nasty. I quit another forum over a year ago because of elitists with their superior attitudes, and ignorant people who can't understand a simple statement or question. I got tired of giving a response, only to be told I don't know what I'm talking about. I decided after the last forum, that I wouldn't sign on with another one, but here I am.

Yeah, welcome to the world of cyclists, a lot of them are elitists so you will get attitude, but you will run into in some LBS's as well as on the street. Most of the people here are pretty good except one guy, who I will not mention just to keep the peace here.

I think you should just wait, and the only problem I can see here, is you get more attention in other sites compare to this forum, and maybe you make your own comparison and wants the immediately attention by posting this thread not related to cycling.