Do Retail Chains Carry Recumbent Shorts?

youcansellerz

Jun 10, 2015
I'm sort of wary of buying online. anyone know of any national chains that might carry these so I can try them on before buying them. I have no clue - never went shopping for these. if you are in the Boston Metrowest area, even better!

My recumbents have mesh seats. My only concern when riding recumbents is stuff falling out of my pockets. I look for zipper pockets or cargo shorts with some kind of retention flap over the pockets.

The last bunch I bought were the cheapest model from Pricepoint. The pads were terrible - they were so stiff they bruised my inner thigh - but that was okay since I ripped the pads out of them anyway. The lycra in them is nice, and fairly heavy-weight. I use coolmax underwear with them.

Sports Authority has them. They're called swimming jammers. I don't know how it is in the area where you live. But up here, you can get those pretty cheap as they seem to be on sale every other week.

I have jammers. They're awfully low-cut for use on a bike. And they have a seam in the wrong place for recumbent riding. You can use lycra running shorts; but they're not really cut for riding.

I have used Performance Bike Mountain Bike shorts with the removable liner for years and they work great if you like the baggy style recumbent shorts. They have retail stores too. If you like the lycra type shorts, get some skulling (rowing) shorts. They work great too and are much more reasonably priced

This thread is the last straw for me. All posts in the thread have had the posters' names changed, including two of mine. There was no response when I reported the problem to a moderator, so I can only conclude that it was done with full admin knowledge. Further, I went back in my history and found several pictures which were purportedly uploaded by me but were unfamiliar to me, and which were not posted in the threads to which they were attributed.

In the past, this site has been acquiescent to sock puppets, shills, and outright spammers, and unfortunately based on current events they've now graduated to identity theft. I'll be leaving now. I am leaving my account open, simply to prevent someone new from acquiring the identity that I've established in other forums, too. The owners won't notice that one more canary in the mine has died; but sooner or later they'll notice that the miners are all gone; and maybe they're OK with that anyway. So if you see more posts by Blazingpedals here, they're probably ID thieves.

tarverten said:
The last bunch I bought were the cheapest model from Pricepoint. The pads were terrible - they were so stiff they bruised my inner thigh - but that was okay since I ripped the pads out of them anyway. The lycra in them is nice, and fairly heavy-weight. I use coolmax underwear with them.
My friends and I have purchased a lot from PricePoint and never once had an issue. It is a very good site to buy on and a lot cheaper than most retail, I would recommend using them.

to be honest I didn't know there was a difference between those shorts are regular cycling shorts. I had to google it. Well if you like the baggy style then go for it. I don't think you'll be speeding on a recumbent bike.

Since we are talking recumbents and trikes here, most any kind of shorts will work. We dont have to wear special high priced shorts to protect us from our bikes or trike. I for instance wear rugby shorts that I can get on sale for as low as $15. They are my usual summer attire anyway, along with a t-shirt, so I am ready to ride any time.

My advice on shorts is that any short will do as long as they sealed against your legs at the cuff. For the bee that flew up my pant leg of my golf shorts during a ride, it was not a pretty ending.

Reactions: steve