Do they make tandem adaptors?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Smiley, Apr 12, 2003.

  1. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    A friend was looking for an adaptor which would allow for the coupling of a kid's bike to a regular
    bike as follows: You would remove the front wheel from the kid's bike and attach the front fork (via
    skewers) to the adaptor (which would be clamped on to the seat and /or chain stays of the larger
    bike). Immediately I replied "Don't you want a trail-a-bike?" but he said that he wanted an adaptor
    so that his kid could also ride his own bike as a stand-alone if he wanted. Can such a device be
    purchased anywhere?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Gary Smiley
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >A friend was looking for an adaptor which would allow for the coupling of a kid's bike to a regular
    >bike as follows: You would remove the front wheel from the kid's bike and attach the front fork
    >(via skewers) to the adaptor (which would be clamped on to the seat and /or chain stays of the
    >larger bike). Immediately I replied "Don't you want a trail-a-bike?" but he said that he wanted an
    >adaptor so that his kid could also ride his own bike as a stand-alone if he wanted. Can such a
    >device be purchased anywhere?

    This is the closest thing I know of - http://www.tandembar.com/

    Never used one personally.

    --Paul