Do they make tandem adaptors?

Gary Smiley

Guest
A friend was looking for an adaptor which would allow for the coupling of a kid's bike to a regular
bike as follows: You would remove the front wheel from the kid's bike and attach the front fork (via
skewers) to the adaptor (which would be clamped on to the seat and /or chain stays of the larger
bike). Immediately I replied "Don't you want a trail-a-bike?" but he said that he wanted an adaptor
so that his kid could also ride his own bike as a stand-alone if he wanted. Can such a device be
purchased anywhere?

In article <[email protected]>, Gary Smiley
<[email protected]> wrote:
>A friend was looking for an adaptor which would allow for the coupling of a kid's bike to a regular
>bike as follows: You would remove the front wheel from the kid's bike and attach the front fork
>(via skewers) to the adaptor (which would be clamped on to the seat and /or chain stays of the
>larger bike). Immediately I replied "Don't you want a trail-a-bike?" but he said that he wanted an
>adaptor so that his kid could also ride his own bike as a stand-alone if he wanted. Can such a
>device be purchased anywhere?

This is the closest thing I know of - http://www.tandembar.com/

Never used one personally.

--Paul