Do women feel the same way?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I would just like to know if women feel the same way about cycling AND their bikes like men do? ???

Tags:

2. Vo2

Vo2 New Member

Reminds me of the Madonna song...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well that depends, how do you feel about your bike?

Personally, I love mine. I like it all clean and shiny - and I love it caked with mud (MTB obviously) - but I always clean her off and make sure her chain is nice and clean and lubed. She sleeps INSIDE with us - but no, not on the bed.

;D

4. Vo2

Vo2 New Member

MBC, your bike's a she? Thought it would be a he? :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

MBC obviosly doesn't punnish her bike enough, otherwise it would have to be a HE ! ;)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

SHe's a good girl that doesn't need to be punished!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I'm not sure how guys are with their bikes.

But, I know I could never sell it, never let anyone borrow it, and I have this strange desire to keep buying new things for it. I wipe it down fairly often. I would never store it outside, even in the garage.

And, when I ride past other people, I think "My bike is cooler than yours!" Even if they have some tricked out LiteSpeed or something. Usually when I see someone with a tricked out bike like that just riding around the lake, they are someone with way too much money on their hands...with a kick a.ss bike that they can't ride for more than a 14mph average (and I am passing them).

I will never get rid of my bike, unless I begin to outperform my equipment. Meaning, I will go and get a more aero dynamic, lighter bike, with all the bells and whistles, when I am so good, even the seconds accumalated from draft will make a difference. Right now, that is not an issue and will not be for several years.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Just to let yuo all know, I bought a new bike a few months ago, but I couldn't bare to part with my old one. I still use it as a shopping bike now, even though it's just about stuffed. At least a thief wouldn't get very far on it! ;D

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I clean my bike 'til it's gleaming. I love my bike and it loves me. My bike is definitely an 'it', not a he nor a she but an 'it' and it is the best. 8)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Road bike are HE and MTB are SHE ;D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm of a different view. My road bike is definately a "she" coz, she's gorgeous with curvaceous lines and lovely long legs.

My MTB is a fella, with more width, thicker, stronger but definately shorter legs, and loves to play in the dirt.

;D ;D ;D 8)