do yall ride trails or rode

it is a ride in paris france. It is actually very hard course is what the pros think. It use to be the part of the tour de france a while back.

Originally posted by fellsbiker
And for those who wonder, I have WTB tires on my klein. They have a shallow tread so they wear kinda quick, but damn they get the best traction of any tire I've ever ridden. They are amazing, I climb stuff I've never been able to climb before with them, solely based on traction!

Which WTB tires you got on there? They sound cool!

I went to the Schwinn shop and got a pair of semi-slicks today. All I can say is what I experienced on the way home. There was definitely less roll resistance. I could get up to 15 mph much quicker and could maintain 20 mph for a lot longer than on the knobbies. The bikie at the Schwinn shop told me the semi-slicks work well on sand-covered trails as well as on paved trails and roads. Nevertheless, I will be keeping my knobbies for winter riding. I don't want studded tires because there's not ice all of the time and straight-up pavement ruins the studs.

At the moment I don't have an out and out road bike. This is partly because in order to get anything that would outperform my mountain bike with slicks I would probably need to spend close to a grand and I just dont have that kind of money floating around.

With regards to the tyres I tend to switch out between knobblies and slicks between rides. I tend to do a lot of commuter riding (up to 150miles) in the week and this is purely on roads. I have been using Vredestein S-Licks and although a little pricey give a very nice ride, are very easy to fit and seat (important if you are switching tyres a lot) and have so far not punctured at all. (done maybe 2k miles on them)

For off road use at the weekends I have been using WTB velociraptor tyres, mainly because they were pretty cheap at £20 for 2 tyres.

As for this kid and his dad (or whoever they are) shouting his (their) mouth(s) off elsewhere, the point remains that it is silly to ask a question if you don't want to hear the reply. If you are better than me then goodluck to you but that doesn't mean that by shouting you mouth off you prove anything. The whole point of this forum is that people learn off one another and pick up tips and tricks, not as a massive **** waving competition about who is the best, has the best bike etc etc. I actually get more satisfaction pounding the hell out of a POS than I do poncing around on a top end bike. Thats not to say that I don't want top end bike....

kingoftheroads said:
Hey i was wondiring about these mountain bike people. I have a mountain bike but i really dont ride it on trails. i am a begginer cyclist. Does anybody have some moutain bike road tires on their bike. that is what i have, because i am a begginer. Well please tell do you have road or mountain bike tires on your bike.

Great mountain trails!!! :D

kingoftheroads said:
I am 14 to plus i have done the paris breast paris. I did it last year. I bet only 5 percent of y'all can do that. But u cant be 14 and do it so just shutup. I am 14 ok

WOW! Did you make the time limit? That's pretty remarkable, especially for a beginner, on a mountain bike, even with road tires. I couldn't have done that when I was 14, 24 or 34.

BUT if everyone who hasn't done Paris-Brest-Paris decided to shutup, there wouldn't be much of a forum left.

i only use knobbies cuz i dont ride anywhere but on trails.....ever.

and kinfoftheroads you should be careful. your arrogance is showing.

i dont think this is the place for arguments or calling people "gay". thats what high school is for.

OK the original question was whether we ride trails or roads (or rodes), right? Well I do both. One of my regular routes combines paved and gravel roads, smooth off-road trails and a small stretch of forest trail with loose rocks, mud and roots. So for me there is no perfect tire, but I'm happy enough with a pair of semi-slicks. I have to be careful on the slippery and bumpy stuff but it's worth the trade-off when I'm on the easier cruising surfaces.