Do you and your partner go to sleep at the same time?

Acheno84

Mar 7, 2016
Totally random, but I'm trying to get some feedback on couples that go to bed at the same time, or couples that go to bed at different times. My wife and I have similar schedules, but she generally falls asleep a few hours earlier than I do, resulting in me staying awake longer to read, watch a movie, etc. We do spend a lot of time together, so that isn't the issue. I'm wondering though, has anyone noticed a pattern flux in their relationship due to this? We've been together for 4 years now and it hasn't affected us, but I know couples that have had their relationship destroyed over sleep schedules. What have you experienced?

My husband works second shift and doesn't return home until after midnight. I'm usually tucked in way before then, but I will get up when he comes home, just because he's so noisy, and besides that, I like to make sure he made it home safely. He usually parks in front of the computer for a few hours, and doesn't go to bed until around 3 or 4 in the morning. I don't mind that so much, as long as he's still willing to get up the next morning. We've been together 5 years this June, so it's working out just fine, but he's always somewhat sleep deprived, and will fall asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. It takes me about half an hour or so to get to sleep, which is fairly normal.

Reactions: Acheno84
Yeah same here, I take at least half an hour to an hour to fall asleep on a normal day. In a few weeks, she will be working from 9am to 7pm, and I will be working from 230pm to 11pm, so I have a feeling there will be some lonely nights in my future. Simply because she can fall asleep at any time, anywhere. I just cannot get my brain to shut off no matter what I do. I appreciate the feedback :)

Reactions: Novelangel