do you bike to school

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Kryptonite, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite New Member

Does any of you bike to school or work?

Tags:

2. kenerin

kenerin New Member

Yes. I bike to and from work because it's only 14 miles away from home, but school is in South Carolina alittle over 30 miles on major highways so I drive. I believe that riding to work is alot less stressful because of traffic and I feel like I've accomplished something first thing in the morning before anyone else. I always feel more awake. :D

3. LiquidMercury18

LiquidMercury18 New Member

They have showers at work? That's my biggest problem cause I sweat so much that I can't smell at work all day.

4. mike7382

mike7382 New Member

I bike to school when ever i can. my bus driver sucks. plus my school is only about 2 miles from my house. Of course i only go in good weather.

5. lumpy

lumpy New Member

We are a mile from our school so I ride my son to school - he's now in 1st. grade. Last year he was the only kid in his class that rode a bike to school - everyone else came in a car - and many live closer than us!

Often we'd actually get there faster than many of those in cars because they'd get stuck in the local school traffic. His classmates were always jealous and he was always happy to go to school.

Tim

6. meehs

meehs New Member

I ride to work. 10 miles each way. Keep clean cloths at works to change into (drive once in a while to rotate laundry). Keep deodorant, a towel and some "wet-wipes" in my messenger bag to clean-up with. I try not to go too hard on my way into the office to avoid being really sweaty. We do have showers that I use on particularly hot & sweaty or rainy days.

7. MsMittens

MsMittens New Member

I bike to work (about 13KM each way right now). I do use wet-wipes to clean up afterwards but we don't have any showers. At least not right now. My campus is about to move to a farther location (I figure it will be 20KM each way then). And that location will have a gym and showers so w00t! on new facilities and more distance! :D

8. mattv2099

mattv2099 New Member

I do not bike to school. I drive. All time spent cycling is devoted to following my training program. I don't want to waste time commuting. And I don't want to show up to school all skanky and gross. I have to be in close proximity to other people for several hours per day.

9. izzodesh

izzodesh New Member

i set aside time to ride...ocasionaly i will bike to class..
    but being stinky does not get girls

10. Jene

Jene New Member

well i would..........but just cycling makes people at school think im weird!! na.....i'll jus still with the 40 min walk :(

11. Greg-O

Greg-O New Member

sometimes i ride to work because i work at my lbs :cool:

12. BikerBoi

BikerBoi New Member

I don't bike to school even though it is near my house (~6 miles?). Have to wake up rather early for school and it's not good to bike while I'm still half asleep. But my bike is also my mode of transport after school!

13. H46Driver

H46Driver New Member

I try to ride to work 2-3 days per week. It takes about 20 minutes to cover the 6 miles by mountain bike versus 10-15 by car. I keep spare uniforms stashed at work and we have showers.

14. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

I ride my bike to shcool, its only a few blocks but i think its better than walking.

15. Yippie Kye Ay

Yippie Kye Ay New Member

I ride to school when theres not snow on the ground schools only 4 miles.

16. topcat

topcat New Member

i try to ride to school every day unless the weather is against me bt i try to go out as much as possible during the day anyway.

17. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

I bike to school. 4 miles each way. Barely a warm-up!

TD