do you bike to school

Kryptonite said:
Does any of you bike to school or work?
Yes. I bike to and from work because it's only 14 miles away from home, but school is in South Carolina alittle over 30 miles on major highways so I drive. I believe that riding to work is alot less stressful because of traffic and I feel like I've accomplished something first thing in the morning before anyone else. I always feel more awake. :D

kenerin said:
Yes. I bike to and from work because it's only 14 miles away from home, but school is in South Carolina alittle over 30 miles on major highways so I drive. I believe that riding to work is alot less stressful because of traffic and I feel like I've accomplished something first thing in the morning before anyone else. I always feel more awake. :D

They have showers at work? That's my biggest problem cause I sweat so much that I can't smell at work all day.

I bike to school when ever i can. my bus driver sucks. plus my school is only about 2 miles from my house. Of course i only go in good weather.

We are a mile from our school so I ride my son to school - he's now in 1st. grade. Last year he was the only kid in his class that rode a bike to school - everyone else came in a car - and many live closer than us!

Often we'd actually get there faster than many of those in cars because they'd get stuck in the local school traffic. His classmates were always jealous and he was always happy to go to school.

Tim

I ride to work. 10 miles each way. Keep clean cloths at works to change into (drive once in a while to rotate laundry). Keep deodorant, a towel and some "wet-wipes" in my messenger bag to clean-up with. I try not to go too hard on my way into the office to avoid being really sweaty. We do have showers that I use on particularly hot & sweaty or rainy days.

I bike to work (about 13KM each way right now). I do use wet-wipes to clean up afterwards but we don't have any showers. At least not right now. My campus is about to move to a farther location (I figure it will be 20KM each way then). And that location will have a gym and showers so w00t! on new facilities and more distance! :D

I do not bike to school. I drive. All time spent cycling is devoted to following my training program. I don't want to waste time commuting. And I don't want to show up to school all skanky and gross. I have to be in close proximity to other people for several hours per day.

mattv2099 said:
I do not bike to school. I drive. All time spent cycling is devoted to following my training program. I don't want to waste time commuting. And I don't want to show up to school all skanky and gross. I have to be in close proximity to other people for several hours per day.
i set aside time to ride...ocasionaly i will bike to class..
but being stinky does not get girls

well i would..........but just cycling makes people at school think im weird!! na.....i'll jus still with the 40 min walk :(

I don't bike to school even though it is near my house (~6 miles?). Have to wake up rather early for school and it's not good to bike while I'm still half asleep. But my bike is also my mode of transport after school!

BikerBoi said:
I don't bike to school even though it is near my house (~6 miles?). Have to wake up rather early for school and it's not good to bike while I'm still half asleep. But my bike is also my mode of transport after school!
I try to ride to work 2-3 days per week. It takes about 20 minutes to cover the 6 miles by mountain bike versus 10-15 by car. I keep spare uniforms stashed at work and we have showers.

I ride my bike to shcool, its only a few blocks but i think its better than walking.

Yippie Kye Ay said:
I ride to school when theres not snow on the ground schools only 4 miles.
i try to ride to school every day unless the weather is against me bt i try to go out as much as possible during the day anyway.