Do you bike to work? (Poll)

Wish I could but I have a company truck and there is no safe place to leave it at work so I drive.

Sometimes bike and other times public transit for me. Your poll insists on one response so I chose bike.

[COLOR= #0000ff]I don't, because I retired 3 months before I got into cycling, unfortunately. But my husband does, 7 miles each way, and my daughter does, 5 miles each way. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I'm really glad he does, because on the days he doesn't get his ride in, he's really crabby, lol. [/COLOR]

I bike probably 1/3 of the time, but I drive the car when it is raining, or snowing, or when the temperature is below 55 degrees F. Or when I have a lot of errands to run after work.

I try, started on Bike 2 Work Week. Next year need to start earlier. I only have a 4.7 round trip.
Anyway trying to bike at least 10 times a month, Aug it was like 17 times.
Rain or commitments after work are the 2 main drivers not to ride.
Bought a cycling jacket so I can ride a little later in the year/cooler weather.
Rode this morning at 35*, cheeks and ears were chilly but the rest was pretty toasty warm, guess I could go to about 30* comfortably.
Morning light will be the next thing, I have a cheaper light but mainly for awareness, really need a better one for dark riding.

Should of added a combination like bike and car to work. I take the bike most days in the spring, summer and fall, but come winter and it's only the car.

Work? What is this work of which you speak? Oh, never mind, I remember now. I did that for fifty something years! Retirement is ever so much more fun!

Originally Posted by waldowales .

Work? What is this work of which you speak? Oh, never mind, I remember now. I did that for fifty something years! Retirement is ever so much more fun!

I agree 100%, I only have eight or ten hours a day to ride!

I ride the Trek or Giant at least three times a week, it's about 12.5 miles each way. I also ride my motorcycle to work frequently, my car is probally my least used vehicle.

I've cycled to work for about thirty years unless the weather is really bad. It's easy for me because I work in a factory so arriving to work sweating isn't a problem. I just put on my overalls, you can't smell sweat in an engineering environment, too much oil about.

I use public transport some days and bicycle others (depending on how great I feel in the morning)

No, my company is not far away from home, so I walk to work everyday. Actually, I enjoy riding bike.