Do You Carry Weapons When Ur Mountain Biking

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by badass2, Mar 22, 2006.

1. badass2

badass2 New Member

Coz ma m8 has been jumped three times every time they took his bike saracen raw3 he kept getin same bike of insurance DUMBASS

SO DO YA

A. Carry a weapon E.G. Nife
    B. GET beat up possibly raped and murderd

Tags:

2. lumpy

lumpy New Member

Find another place to ride.

3. mongooseboy

mongooseboy New Member

absolutely NOT. ride where you want (as long as you can legally) and pack something to protect yourself. this is a free country. lets keep it free.

if you do pack a firearm, make sure you know how to use it safely, maybe even take a class, and, of course, make sure its legal LOL. guns are a much bigger hobby than cycling ever will be, id give up my bikes before i gave up my guns. that said, i wont give up my bikes till i cant ride them anymore ;)

if you need to, carry a weapon. if you dont, its probably safest NOT to have a loaded pistol on you while mtbing....

4. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

i doubt that anyone (or should that be 'ne1') would murder or rape you for a Saracen Raw. I spend more than that down the boozer on a Saturday night (nite).

nah...

5. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Better off carrying a collection tin for donations...

6. benkoostra

benkoostra New Member

I used to carry a 16" piece of electical conduit (pipe) strapped to my top tube. This was more for dogs than humans. It have been chased and bitten many, many times, and it became a bit of a security blanket. Nothing shocked a dog more than being firmly tapped on the noggin! I only used it a few times.
    I would be more likely to carry pepper spray as a human deterant. Safer for everybody. It buys you time to get away too.