Do you do charity rides?

AdamSean

Aug 11, 2011
I was checking out the local bike club's Facebook page recently and saw a post about a charity ride in May 2012. I have read a couple of articles about charity rides and how they are a good way to raise money to help others who really need it and to have fun doing it. The though has crossed my mind, but I didn't know what charities held events. Well, as I said, on the DCBC Facebook page, I saw a post about the Tour de Cure that benefits Diabetes. This hit close to home as my father lost his fight with Diabetes at 33. And, I myself have had Diabetes since I was 13 and am now turning 33.

I have registered for this event as a Red Rider, one who rides with Diabetes, and I will be riding in memory of my father. I have already raised $150 toward my goal of $500. I think it would be awesome if some of you would commit to this cause by riding with me and raising money too. Or by helping to support me in my fight to stop Diabetes by making a donation in my name. You can make an online donation by going to [SIZE= 12px]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/[/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]adamsean[/SIZE]

(Don't use the link. Copy and paste it into the address bar. It will work this way.)

I am riding in the Birmingham Metro Tour de Cure in Birmingham, AL on May 12, 2012 if you are in the area and want to ride with me.

I am also interested in hearing some other stories of riding in other charity events. Maybe the people you met or influenced. What was it like for you?

I've done some charity rides. The best part about them is all of the beautiful women in tight lycra that you can ride behind for long periods of time without being charged with stalking. Drafting isn't stalking.

You may want to check the link you embedded in your first post in this thread. The link generates an error.

Originally Posted by alienator .

I've done some charity rides. The best part about them is all of the beautiful women in tight lycra that you can ride behind for long periods of time without being charged with stalking. Drafting isn't stalking.

The truth is out.

Whenever I do the Copper Triangle, I have to marvel at the glamor and sex-appeal Colorado Cyclist brings to our sport.

I don't know why the link doesn't work, but if you copy and paste it into the address bar it will take you to the right page. Thanks for the heads up alienator, I could be missing potential donations. And thanks to all of you who decide to support me and millions of others afflicted with this aweful disease.

I take part in several charity rides.

Each year I take part in touring events and I use these events to raise money for charities like the Irish Hospice Foundation and other good causes.
People are surprisingly generous even if that means I've to cycle 200km or 300km in a day to raise funds.

I do tour de cure every year but I've never thought about riding behind beautiful women, I'll have to try it from that point of view next year. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif