Do you dream cycle?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Veater, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Veater

Veater New Member

My subconscious must miss riding, as I'm currently struck down with a broken foot. Last night I had a dream that I was riding along a road but that my bike kept stopping and I couldn't get it going again. Do you ever dream about riding? I am a big dreamer, and have vivid, long dreams pretty much on a nightly basis, so it wasn't my first cycling dream and probably won't be my last.

Tags:

2. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Im also a big dreamer. And some bicycle dreams I got are pretty disturbing, I remember one where I was running away across a woodland trail from a screaming scarecrow. My pedals were heavy, and I was struggling to go faster or perform a sprinting. It was pretty creepy.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I guess, but most of the time I would be falling from my bike, then waking up. It's not as fun as you might think. Other than that, I don't think I have ever reached my destination whenever I "dream-cycled", and I don't think there's anything deeper than that, it's just a dream, right? Same as falling from a cliff, or having ghost nightmares and stuff where you feel paralyzed when you are sleeping and awake at the same time.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not really much if a dreamer and when I go to bed I just usually sleep. On the other hand, in the past leading up to a cycling weekend or a long bike ride I've dreamt about what might happen and woke up not sure if I'd already been or not!

The subconscious mind is a wonderful thing...Sometimes!

5. Veater

Veater New Member

Oh absolutely, those dreams can be so confusing! They obviously work in the other ways though, you can have such a lovely dream and wake up feeling disappointed that it didn't really happen - or wake up relieved that what just happened to you was just a dream and didn't really happen. My dreams are vivid though like I say, so I generally have very lingering feelings from them the following day. If I dream something sad, it can really make me feel very gloomy the following day. But if I dream something very happy that isn't actually true, it can also make me gloomy! Basically it's a lose lose with dreams :p

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I normally only dream of cycling if I haven't cycled for a long time or after a very long run. It's not too often that I have these dreams but they are very vivid and I often I am able to do very weird things. I once had a drag race against a dragster, and won. Hahaha

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

I guess that's one of the good things about dreams, the fact that you can find yourself in the most amazing predicaments but still come out on top.

Having a race against a dragster in real life I think you might find that the outcome might 've slightly different!

8. Veater

Veater New Member

What about those people who can control their dreams? I would love to have that skill but I wonder if your mind would ever get its needed rest. I love the idea of being able to fly in my dreams and create scenarios. I imagine I would have a flying cycle to see what that felt like!

9. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

I am a cycle enthusiast and I ride my bike daily. I also dream cycles when I don't cycle for a long time but this situation is very rare. I cycle almost daily because I enjoy it.

10. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

I have actually dreamed it. A few years ago, I got that dream. It was a vivid dream and I loved it and I still remember it. I was dreaming that I was sitting and riding a 'flying cycle' with my dad. It felt so real and I enjoyed it.

11. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I'm pretty sure I've already had dreams where I'm riding a bike but it's not that common. In your case, you're probably missing riding so your brain made you remember it hahahaha

12. Djordje87

Djordje87 Member

I'll tell you. Last year when my bike was stolen, I had dreams of it every second night. it was from nice to a nightmare. I had dreams of riding it, stealing it, being stolen in front of me and me not being able to do anything. The dreams stopped when I found it. I have a strong connection with this bicycle because I have it 25 years. i am the first owner, it is my first bike and I was so happy when that guy bumped on me on my own bike.

13. cyclenthusias44

I dream my cycle almost every day. My life revolves around cycling as I am a cycling enthusiast. I go to my work by riding my bike and I return to my home the same way. So, cycle dreams are common for me.