Do YOU drink and then try to ride?

No, but I also don't drink any alcohol at all for various reasons. I do know someone who injured her shoulder after trying to ride home from a party where she had been drinking. She missed a couple days of work because she was hurting to badly to lift things. I'd can't imagine why anyone would want to try riding while impaired in some way.

I've tried to cycle drunk once and it was a disaster.
We were in a very rural area so traffic wasn't a concern but I couldn't ride straight and I remember making bigger and bigger swerves until I just tipped right over bike and all. It took me quite a few attempts to get back on and I think I ended up walking it home.
I learned my lesson from that experience and never attempted biking drunk again.
Other than that, a lot of people who I mountain bike with like to get stoned before starting out on a trail.
I never ever take part in that because I feel like mountain biking is dangerous enough as it is, and I'm not a strong enough rider to feel comfortable trail riding while at all impaired.

I was actually in Jacksonville Beach the week of Fourth of July once and oh my goodness, there were so many people riding bikes with beers and cigarettes. I'm telling you, it was just crazy at the amount of people riding bikes and drinking. It definitely happens in Florida lol.

It happens quite a lot over here too, and in my old town when the annual carnival is on. There used to be a raft race that attracted a lot of beer drinking and not only did you get people attempting to ride their bikes while drunk as a skunk, you got people trying to swim in the small river the race was taking place in, and jumping off of the small bridge over it.

Never done it, but if I ever get a death wish some day, I'll get myself ********* and hop on the bike,

Want to know a scary fact? Because of the way our OUI statute is written up here, and how the traffic law defines "motor vehicle"--by exempting a human powered vehicle---it's completely legal. :eek:

The last time I rode impaired, I was in college on a closed campus, and even that didn't go well. I fell off of my bike, skinned my knees, and made a fool of myself. I would never try that again especially on an open road with traffic! I'd be asking for trouble.

I don't consume alcohol at all, never developed a taste for it. And beer sucks! :lol: