Do you eat a lot before excercising?

I stick to eating minimal before a workout for fuel. A lot of it has to do with your personal goals. I typically eat a lot after a workout.

I might eat something light before I go for a ride. I don't like riding with my stomach full it makes me sluggish and gives me cramps more easily. I have always heard that eating a meal before you exercise is bad for you.

For a 60 mile ride or a 40 mile ride with 5,000 ft of climbing, I eat a bowl of oatmeal and 3 lean turkey sausage links for breakfast.

Not really, because when my stomach is full i can get nauseous very easily.
There were a few times when I had to stop for a few moments because i felt like throwing up on the bike :/

A modest amount. I don't eat so much that I start barfing within an hour of my ride. I eat just enough that the food wouldn't upset my stomach and I have enough energy to carry out at least 3-4 hours of the ride without any major meals to eat. Of course carry a couple of protein bars and snacks to munch on the way!

I changed it up a little, I stared riding with faster groups and therefore need more fuel to burn. I try to eat a bowl of grits and a scrambled egg before rides 2 hours or over now.