Do you guys use this gadget ?

Banatean

Jul 26, 2003
The Rollamajig by Avid ?,i guess that this newer ones are made of plastic but the older modeld were made of aluminum,are they any good ?,they are cheap at around $ 7 US on sale .Opinions please :D .
Thank you.
Dan

Funny you mention them, I just put one on my MTB two days ago. However I installed it alongside replacing the cables and housings as well, so naturally it's shifting like hot butter right now (it's kinda spooky how crisp it is, actually)

My only real long-term concern is the exposed bit of cable around the pulley might drag dirt into the housing; time will tell over the coming couple of months how well it goes.

I bought two (one for my roadie as well), but I'm too lazy to install that one right now. The ones I have are grey and made out of plastic.

BTW I got them from www.icyclesusa.com, a nice little bric-a-brac style online bike shop

I just bought my wife a new bike that had this fitted as standard, makes my shifts look like dirt!!
Great bit of kit a must get...
Sniper8052

So it does work then,exellent...i'll see if i can get a couple of them locally,otherwise i'll order two from the States.
Thank you.
Dan :)

mithril721 said:
Pardon my ignorance...or curiosity... but what is it for?

It's a little device that eliminates the casing loop for your rear deraileur,it uses a little wheel that rolls the shifter cable,that way most of the friction "suposed" to be eliminated,therefore the gear changing is more crisp (this stuff i read on Avid site,they make this little thing).
I called around and some shops sell them for like $ 15.00 CND which is not bad considering that in the States they go for like $ 7~ $ 15 US !
Dan ;)