Do You Have A "cyclist's Body"?

Bark

Aug 21, 2015
According to my family, I look like a cyclist. According to them, a cyclist is someone with really strong shoulders and legs, and normal everything else. Do you look like a cyclist?

Reactions: haleylx4
Well, I don't consider myself to have a cyclist's body but I do have strong shoulders and legs. However, I'm quite well rounded physically and don't look like a typical cyclist. As I'm of above average height I may tend to look a bit stocky at a glance. My shoulders are a bit on the wide side but that's probably because I've been hitting the gym.

I definitely don't think I have the 'cyclist's build'.
I'm not overweight and I do have strength in my arms and legs but I'm tall for a girl with a big bust and wide hips.
Most of the people I cycle with have the more typical rider's build, which I see as being thinner and lighter with long lean musculature.
Everyone is jealous of my big calves though when we're on tough climbs haha :)

Yes, I'm 6'4" 165 pounds and have thin but defined vascular muscles and very low body fat. When I meet other cyclist or go to my bike shop, people always tell me I look made to be on a bike. I use to mostly run and would buy cycling jackets and Sugoi products seem to fit me perfectly. Looks could be deceiving though,lol.. :) . I've been passed by old people, fat people,my size has helped me so far,but a rookie is a rookie. Well se if I ride the way I look in a year or two.

No freakin' way! I'm 6'1 and 240 at the moment. Even at 230 I have had a ton of other riders tell me that I''m too big to ride. Till they ride with me! :lol:

3623998990_b7be410168.jpg

No, I wouldnt say I have a cyclists body. Not yet antway. I would describe my body type as normal but you can definitely tell that I'm athletic. I would like to have the cyclers build but thats going to be a process. I havent been doing this a long time.

Mr. Beanz said:
No freakin' way! I'm 6'1 and 240 at the moment. Even at 230 I have had a ton of other riders tell me that I''m too big to ride. Till they ride with me! :lol:

Mr.Beanz, I ride with a guy your size and probably around the same age as well. He climbs the hills pretty fast and destroys the descends..You guys prove it on the road!BTW, how long have you've been riding for?

Bark said:
According to my family, I look like a cyclist. According to them, a cyclist is someone with really strong shoulders and legs, and normal everything else. Do you look like a cyclist?
I guess they've never seen Chris Froome or Sir Bradley Wiggins. Froome looks like an anerexic stork.

Uawadall said:
Mr.Beanz, I ride with a guy your size and probably around the same age as well. He climbs the hills pretty fast and destroys the descends..You guys prove it on the road!BTW, how long have you've been riding for?

I did some riding in 92-94 then picked it back up in 96 and have been riding consistently since then. So about 19 years non stop. Anywhere from 4,000-7,300 miles per year. B)

Do You Have A "cyclist's Body"?
Yes, I hit him with my truck, hauled him home and buried him in the back yard. Please keep it to your self.

Thanks

Brad

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
No, 69 years old, 6', 212lbs.

Beats the hell out of 318, from a few years back.

Reactions: Ulysses31
I dont think so. I definitely have the calves and have always been broad shouldered. My beer belly stops me from being the true 'cyclist bod'.

mpre53 said:
I guess they've never seen Chris Froome or Sir Bradley Wiggins. Froome looks like an anerexic stork.
I

AlanManley said:
I dont think so. I definitely have the calves and have always been broad shouldered. My beer belly stops me from being the true 'cyclist bod'.
guess they're different types of "cyclist bodies", but many of them don't strong looking shoulders at all.

Mr. Beanz said:

Kinda the same here, 6'2" dropped to 200lbs from 220 since stopped lifting weights.
I'm way taller than anyone else when I go to races, but some of the guys do compliment me and say I can climb well for a big guy :)