Do you have a question for Specialized Women's Product Team?

rlambert

Aug 18, 2009
Ask a question, get an answer! Have your questions answered by Specialized Women's Brand and Product Manager, Eron Chorney and Women's Mountain Product Developer, Rachael Lambert. Ask us a question and we will give you a video answer. You can ask anything from product questions to questions about riding to tips on getting into biking. Go to

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Specia...N/218728855634

www.twitter.com/specializedwmn to post your question

Thanks!

Rachael Lambert

Hello everybody! My name is Rachael Lambert and I am a part of the Specialized Women's Product Team. Primarily I work on mountain bike development but I am also a part of a growing team of people using social networking to talk and engage with riders. I am an avid mountain biker and occasional commuter and some of us here thought it would be interesting and engaging to find out what kinds of questions you have about cycling, riding, gear and products. If you have a question for us and want to get an answer, we are doing short video answers to all your questions on our Facebook Fanpage. Thanks!

is the viking valetta a good buy if i am a 5'3" novice who will probably just take the bike on easy trails? someone said the the gears aren't brilliant for inclines, but would it be a good first buy??

cyberjools said:
is the viking valetta a good buy if i am a 5'3" novice who will probably just take the bike on easy trails? someone said the the gears aren't brilliant for inclines, but would it be a good first buy??

As always, it truly depends on what you want to use the bike for and what your goals are with cycling. Where do you plan to ride? What are you hoping to experience with your bike? I have personally found that one of the best resources for buying a new bike is to work with your local bike shop. They can help to steer you in the right direction of what bike will work for your goals. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the Viking Valetta. Where are you located? I can perhaps help to steer you in the right direction of your LBS to find more resources. No matter what, I hope you can find a bike that will help you enjoy riding on two wheels!

Cheers,
Rachael

thanks for replying Rachael,

I went to my local shop in Farnworth, Bolton but it was closed! I would be looking to cycle around trails in the north west of England, from train stations and would be with my 9 year old, so definitely family friendly required. (even though she's a much more confident rider!)