Do you have any police abuse of power stories to share?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Reid2, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Reid2

Reid2 Member

I have had more than my share of run-ins with cops,
    starting less than three years ago for the first time,
    after I complained to police officials about criminal cop activities.
    I was warned to shut-up by a famous, local judge who used to be my personal pal,
    some twenty five years ago. "For god's sake, Reid, don't anger the cops with complaints."
    (a paraphrase of a non-fiction event)

=Do you have any stories about your own experiences with police?
    This is not meant to be a troll thread...it is a public discussion and casual survey of the world.
    I think most cops are pretty damned decent. I think that nearly all of them,
    the cops, are afraid to expose the low-life minority in their ranks.
    It's called, in the USA, at least, "The Blue Code of Silence."

It is real, that I can aver...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_code_of_silence

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

...and thus starts the perpetuation of the incoherent thread in "The Bloody Soapbox" sub-forum. Did roadhouse move to Miami and change his screen name?

3. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Well-Known Member

Ah.....Roadhouse. I had forgotten about that twerp. I wonder what happened to him.

4. alienator

I think he got so verklempt about being booted off Slowtitch that he actually developed a slow twitch which accelerated over time an ultimately caused him to disintegrate.

5. Reid2

Reid2 Member

Hi, I don't know that other guy.

I only know what it is like to be beaten to die and mugged later and have a gun put to my head.

I wondered, fairly enough, if any Cycling Forums members from around this world, have ever been treated terribly unfairly by their local cops or constables or officials?

I know of local bicyclists who get "clipped" by tap-and-run cars, and no-one ever gets any "help"
    for that from cops, perhaps because the cars disable cylists without knowing they touched one?

But I was knocked off a new bike T boned, and the little girl apologized for running me down.
    I called local police, to gain an accident report, as I was injured, slightly, and the bike ruined.
    The little lady was pretty and I am not. The cops confabbed with her, then let her go and told me to walk home.

6. Reid2

Reid2 Member

Honey? I just heard a dull thud on the side of our car as you made that right turn onto Clancy.

Huh? Wasn't Clancy looking out for himself?

Clancy was a bicyclist, and two strong legs had he.

And when he died it was a bump of sinew. End of story.

Not quite the end of the story, no! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif Coral Gables Police arrived.

Their biggest, ugliest fattest pig consoled the grief-stricken couple,

"that dent in your car could be a lot worse. At least the guy wasn't fat.

Say, you don't know Welch? He fell off of his bikey, too...got nervous.

Anyway, I'll charge Clancy's survivors the cost of repairs for your car."

7. Reid2

Reid2 Member

I love you guys in the nice way.

If we are going to troll, let's make it fun! Let's troll the biggest fish in Miami!
    Let's catch A Whopper! (that's a burger brand in the USA, started out in Miami)

I am the only journalist in the USA that catches crooked pols and cops by bike!

: )

"I'm a undercover policeman...I'm not a police official."

I am the corrupt Commissioner's first Miami pal. Was beaten to die for squealing.

Have any other cyclists here been beaten or brutalized by cops or....girl friends?

And, If you like to ride a bike in Miami, keep your eyes looking left and right,

and do not glare at cops, or the Commissioner's doggy park front yard,

8. Reid2

Reid2 Member

double post error, oops

9. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

LOL! Police abuse? Please.
    Y'ever heard of the offense called 'DWB'? It's the acronym for Driving While Black. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Racial profiling came under some considerable scrutiny in the Seattle area a few years back, but before then police officers thought it well within their right to pull over a black person driving anywhere, at any time. That it's currently practiced in many jurisdictions across the nation is common knowledge to those most affected - police departments will swear up-and-down otherwise.

Personally, I've been pulled over at least 20 times for DWB, including one felony stop with shotguns drawn, spotlight, and bullhorn. According to the obstinate officer that disdainfully talked to me, I (single occupant of my vehicle sitting in a parking lot eating) allegedly fit the description of 4 black males with a gun driving in a car like mine. During these DWB stops, the officer would always make up some lame story as to why he (exclusively male officers) pulled me over. Never received a ticket - "I'm gonna give you a break". Checked my credentials, and let me be on my way. LOL!

Thankfully (I'm an optimist), these occurrences are as sordid as I can get with regard to the abuse dished out by Officer Friendlies around the world.

10. Moto700

Moto700 Member

Sad but true this still happens. No, I have never been hassled by cops. Maybe you are the only one Reid. Gotta wonder about that?

11. alienator

Yup. Maybe the cops just got tired of his use of multiple colors with fonts and posts overflowing with cops-be-bad videos and run on sentences. Maybe they thought the whole martyr thing was way over played.

You must give the guy his due, though. There might be someone, somewhere who is interested in the tale he's spinning.

Here's another guy telling an equally riveting tale:

12. Reid2

Reid2 Member

Alieneator, that's OK for you to express anger with my writing style.

If you look at that video up above again, Reid Welch & Marc Sarnoff Rubbed Raw,
    understand, friend, that is fresh-made and it is reality, and I was promised death.

I ride eight miles per day. I am fifty seven now. You can hear me huffing, out of breath, at Sarnoff's home.
    Alienator, I do not think I have long to live, natural causes, heart failure is likely.

I don't want empathy or sympathy. People hate me for being a PITA.

Tony pegged me, I work and I cry for the Black and the poor, who cannot talk back to cops,
    who get abused, falsely arrested, or marked for life, unemployable, as I have done to myself, on purpose.

Do you see, Alienator? I am not really a troll. I am a public sacrifice of my remaining life, a wake up call,
    PLEASE GET INVOLVED, folks? Don't be like this "studly" guy? Listen to him cut and run?

I am honored to consider Tony a virtual friend.
    We have both been blackend and burned by life.
    We do not curl up like potato chips and fry.

13. Reid2

Reid2 Member

I cry with shame for you, Tony. Over forty years ago, when my brother was seventeen and I was fifteen,
    we, living at 1034 Almeria, well, Ken turned eighteen and soon was going off to Gainsville.
    His room would become vacant. He asked my parents if his best pal, Buck McHenry could room there at our house?
    And Buck was having a rough time at his family home, and we liked Buck very much, I sure did, 'cause he was mellow
    and smoked weed!

Buck was coal black, pure African stock. Coral Gables was lilly white. Buck had permssion to use my mom's litte Toyata
    for his night shift work. Time and time again, like it was their hobby, Coral Gables cops pulled Buck over at midnight,
    on his way back to our home, "Who are you, where are you going. What are you doing in this neighborhood."

My father, Judge, had enough of it. Buck was clean and polite, but not militant.
    My father was the panther, he banged out a brief letter for Buck to carry, always, on his person
    or in the car,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

This young man, Mr. McHenry, is a member of our family at 1034 Almeria.
    Do not interfere with his movements. He lives with us. I am Judge Welch,
    ((telephone))

The cops stopped Buck only one more time after that.
    The red-ink letter did the trick that black skin could not.

14. Reid2

Reid2 Member

We're talking, perhaps, about cop abuse of civilians...

....presuming none come, I would like to tell you that I never went to jail

till I was fifty four years old, and made myself a hate target of cops.

I met, in jail, the kindest people. Thugs treated me like I were Jesus, and I'm not that.

They saw me starving on the thin, standard wages of sugar punch and white bread,
    and little else. They, the long-timers, who had family food-money connections,
    always gave me their extra rations. I still lost a number of pounds, was thin to start with.
    But, they kept me and other new-guys without food lifelines, alive. Everyone was cool,
    did not fight, did not steal, and gave comfort to the sad and hope and cheer to the hopeless.

Criminals are people too, and good ones, when put to the great test of surviving, one and all, together.

15. alienator

16. Reid2

Reid2 Member

Alienator? Do you know, I could ride my bike, and I am unarmed,

into the blackest neighborhoods of Miami...into any neighborhood,

and I will not be harmed. I did this, also, a decade ago, in the 1922 Model T.

I did it then, to give "show and share" rides to poor people, to show them that

someone close to them cares, see, guys? Life is about being remembered by your survivors,

http://www.poetrycritical.net/read/49362/

Magic City Tourist Court (draft 2) netskyIam
    non-fiction prose poem for a little girl I cannot meet again
    Why didn't I take photographs? Six years ago I drove an antique Model T Ford into one of the poorest places in old Miami, a trailer park which has since vanished for redevelopment. The Magic City Tourist Court apparitioned in 1928, it was an early motel operation made of rows of little clapboard cabins of Dade County Pine, a resinous wood planked and planed into cubicles for budget-minded Northern snowbird autoists of the day, vacation havens and hideaways for whomevers.
    But, by the year that the 1922 Ford (too late) arrived, Magic City had lost most of its original doll house charm, and those cabins, each with an overhanging carport canopy to cover over the open touring cars of the day, were mostly gone in part or entirety to dampening decay.
    Where some cabins had disappeared entirely, there sprang also-ancient mobile homes: single-wides implanted in the dirtiness of the 'fifties and 'sixties. The two parallel lanes of Magic City described a half city block long "U". Little more than microbes and gravitation of the same, had altered this place, except that Magic City grew ever poorer between pay days.
    My Model T nosed in, chuffing at four-per in high gear, going extra-slow down Magic Lane. It was then that children, the children of Central American immigrants, native born, all of them, began to appear. It was the car, it was Pied Piper.
    Within a few minutes, shouts, and more, and more: the Model T pulled a parade of barefooted youngsters in magnetic tow. "Give me a ride?" Uncles and aunts observed and then consented. The car opened its suicide-style doors and four or five at a time, children of four to eight years of age, were given slow motion rides in the auto.
    The oldest girl of the dozen who rode was also the most beautiful, at no more than nine, with deep brown hair and almonds for orbs; she acted as conductor for her younger mates.
    Rides and laughs. Magic City cabins overtaken by weeds and wood rot between tarnished Airstreams. After I debarked the last of the littlest ones....
    The T and I are rolling back towards busy 2nd Avenue. Children still trot behind us. But they are losing ground. I will wave backwards and apply more throttle; you know, for a clean break.
    "Wait! Wait! Stop!" she shouts. I haul back on the brake lever. And so she catches me again, and mounts the running board in order to meet my eyes. "Take this, please. We don't want you to ever forget us."
    Have retained a green and purple foam rubber golf ball ever since. The ball containing images that should never fade.
    10 I see into the orb and see her almond eyes again,
    11 and tears of life are really joy, you see?
    27 Jun 08 [​IMG]

17. alienator

Again, who cares?

It does seem odd that you brag about being able to walk into the "blackest" neighborhoods and not be harmed. Wow. When you walk into those neighborhoods do actually walk on the ground or a few inches above it? Why are the neighborhoods so "black"? Can't they afford lights? Do they use a lot of scattering surfaces and surfaces that absorb a lot of visible light? If you look at the neighborhoods in the non-visible EM spectra, are they still super duper black? Have you tried illuminating them with a black light? How do you rate blackness? Is it according Planck's black body theory? Have you measured Tony Z for blackness? I happen to know that in the deep UV spectrum, I'm very black.

18. Reid2

Reid2 Member

19. alienator

Jesus effing christ. Don't your legs ever get tired standing on that martyr podium? How many posts are the crap, self-glorifying, incoherent, delusional rantings in the Bloody Soapbox?

20. Reid2

Reid2 Member

I am not a martyr, and with a little luck, you won't be, either. Jesus was martyred, si? I refuse to go down that way. Bike We Must.