Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Spoons, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Spoons

    Spoons Guest

    Hi all,

    I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts, chocolates, etc everywhere. I
    have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I might get some
    chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my hubby well I
    don't know what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids
    isn't that romantic.

    Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?

    Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

    Tags:

  2. Frood

    Frood Guest

    One year, when my middle 2 kids were small, and we didn't have a sitter, I made my H and I a fancy
    meal, and served it after we put the kids to bed. (They didn't know they were going to bed a little
    early! <G>) We ate by candlelight, with fancy dishes and everything. There are a bunch of WW meals
    that look fancy, so you could still stay OP.

    This year, we are celebrating the week before, on the 7th. Our wedding anniversary is V-day, so
    getting a sitter for that weekend is almost impossible! We are going out to eat, but probably won't
    worry about points - we'll just work it off later! <wg>

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > hubby well I don't
    know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Don't want to seriously knock your "chocolate chip cookie" idea too much, but maybe getting KIDS use
    to other rewards for holidays and not food would be a better way to go - training future folks who
    don't need food for rewards. Just an idea......

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:49:37 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts, chocolates, etc everywhere. I have
    >two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I might get some chocolate
    >chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my hubby well I don't know
    >what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    >romantic.
    >
    >Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    >asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    >Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  4. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    No Valentine celebrations for me this year since I 'm still single :-(( Oh well, let's look at the
    bright side : no chocolates or others fancy treats that I could over-eat on!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > hubby well I don't
    know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  5. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    I will be at the start of the long drive from Canada to Vegas & LA. That night we stop in Pocatello,
    ID. I've never been there. I have no idea what time we'll get in to town, nor where we'll eat. I
    suspect we might just end up ordering pizza in to the hotel. DF will probably forget to get me
    anything at all - he's under a lot of pressure at work at the moment and between focusing on that
    and details of the trip I'm sure he'll forget all about Valentine's Day. I'll get him a tub of gummy
    bears for munching on during the drive.

    Amberle3

    SPOONS wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts, chocolates, etc everywhere. I have
    > two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I might get some chocolate
    > chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my hubby well I don't know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

    --
    Amberle3
    249/218/215-minigoal/150?
    Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03

    - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  6. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Absolutely nothing here. We have never made a big deal out of valentine's day, as it was my father's
    birthday (yes, his name was Valentine). We try hard every day to show all family members that we
    care, that they are important to us ... and saved Feb. 14 to celebrate my dads special day. Dad
    passed 12 years ago and we no longer are able to celebrate his birthday, so new traditions needed to
    be formed. All we do is prepare a nice dinner, something that we usually don't have - and last year
    I made a wonderful cake that was fairly lowpoints. Hub might splurge for flowers now, he knows it's
    a tougher day for me.

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:49:37 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts, chocolates, etc everywhere. I have
    >two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I might get some chocolate
    >chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my hubby well I don't know
    >what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    >romantic.
    >
    >Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    >asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    >Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  7. Mette

    Mette Guest

    Valentines day is also the same week My DBF and I have been together for 6
    month:eek:) My first real relationships since I left my daughters father, so it
    means a big deal to me:eek:)

    I plan on looking stunning! By then I will have lost the exess weight I gained during the past 5
    months with him..LOL and I want to take him out for dinner to a really nice reastaurant - and
    afterwards..well, that's private...LOL!

    "SPOONS" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > hubby well I don't
    know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  8. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Well, i was considering taking hubby out to dinner - but i have something
    planned the weekend before which means i may not be able to eat much that
    weekend so.....we'll see. might do sunday lunch out with him and the kids
    the day after instead - i love to lunch :)

    otherwise it'll be a really good bottle of wine - fizz maybe - some nice food of some sort here, and
    a night curled up on the sofa with a decent film I reckon.......

    oh - and he'd only buy me chocolate cos he knows he'd be the one who'd eat it! *grin*.....so he
    wouldn't - not if he wanted to make it to next valentine's that is! LOL!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > hubby well I don't
    know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  9. I would get the kids stuffed animals, if I had them. DH and I are not big
    "occasion" celebrates. We eat out on our date night once a week, He
    regularly has his chocolate fix and I can take it or leave it if it is not
    "super" premium like gediva. It will be another day with the best man there
    has ever been placed on this earth, Lee
    SPOONS <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > hubby well I don't
    know
    > what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > romantic.
    >
    > Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    >
    > Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  10. Spoons

    Spoons Guest

    That's a great idea Fred. I very rarely give my kids junk food. Have any suggestions?

    Thanks, SPOONS

    > Don't want to seriously knock your "chocolate chip cookie" idea too much, but maybe getting KIDS
    > use to other rewards for holidays and not food would be a better way to go - training future folks
    > who don't need food for rewards. Just an idea......
    >
    > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:49:37 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    chocolates,
    > >etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > >might get some chocolate chip cookie dough and make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my
    > >hubby well I don't
    know
    > >what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner with our kids isn't that
    > >romantic.
    > >
    > >Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying away from the chocolate? Or
    > >asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    > >
    > >Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  11. Frood

    Frood Guest

    How about making paper-doily valentines for each other? Get out the (washable) glue sticks, some
    paper doilies, maybe some of those pre-cut paper shapes from the craft store (or cut your own).
    Spending time with them is a great treat. And you could help them make a valentine for their dad,
    and they can see him get excited, too!

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That's a great idea Fred. I very rarely give my kids junk food. Have any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks, SPOONS
    >
    > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Don't want to seriously knock your "chocolate chip cookie" idea too much, but maybe getting KIDS
    > > use to other rewards for holidays and not food would be a better way to go - training future
    > > folks who don't need food for rewards. Just an idea......
    > >
    > > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:49:37 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi all,
    > > >
    > > >I was at the mall today and saw all sorts of Valentine's gifts,
    > chocolates,
    > > >etc everywhere. I have two kids ages 2 & 4 and I want to do something special for Valentines. I
    > > >might get some chocolate chip cookie dough
    and
    > > >make a huge heart shaped cookie with it. As for my hubby well I don't
    > know
    > > >what to get him. We don't have a babysitter so going out for dinner
    with
    > > >our kids isn't that romantic.
    > > >
    > > >Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? Are you staying
    away
    > > >from the chocolate? Or asking for a substitutions for the chocolate?
    > > >
    > > >Take care, SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs

  12. Kathy Rip

    Kathy Rip Guest

    We'll probably go out to dinner as a family, but I am telling DH absolutely NO candy. I do need some
    new perfume, so I have hinted around for that.

    Kathy Joined WW 1/18/04 First weigh in in a few days (can't wait!!)