Do you know...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robin Hubert, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    Amy Hed (sp?)? I just had a beer with Matt, her brother. Thought I ought to drop you a line.

    Robin from Lickton's

    Tags:

  2. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

  3. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

  4. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    I'm gonna write,

    "Lance,

    It was great having a beer with you after our ride the other day. Keep the rubber side down,

    Jim" ... post it here, and say, oops -- sorry -- that was supposed to be private.

    "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry ... this was supposed to be a private e-mail.
    >
    > Robin Hubert
    >
    > "TBGibb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Robin
    > > Hubert" <[email protected]> writes:
    > >
    > > >Amy Hed (sp?)? I just had a beer with Matt, her brother. Thought I
    > ought
    > > >to drop you a line.
    > >
    > > Uh . . . thanks. How many spokes?
    > >
    > > Tom Gibb <[email protected]>

  5. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    Why?

    Robin Hubert

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm gonna write,
    >
    > "Lance,
    >
    > It was great having a beer with you after our ride the other day. Keep the rubber side down,
    >
    > Jim" ... post it here, and say, oops -- sorry -- that was supposed to be
    private.

    > "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Sorry ... this was supposed to be a private e-mail.
    > >
    > > Robin Hubert
    > >
    > > "TBGibb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > In article <[email protected]>,

    > > ought
    > > >
    > > > Uh . . . thanks. How many spokes?
    > > >
    > > > Tom Gibb <[email protected]>

  6. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:45:13 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Robin from Lickton's

    Which reminds me, does Bob still believe (see many recent threads) that straight gauge spokes are
    the only way to go?

  7. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "John Everett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:45:13 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Robin from Lickton's
    >
    > Which reminds me, does Bob still believe (see many recent threads) that straight gauge spokes are
    > the only way to go?

    Yikes! Sorry to admit it, but he still thinks so because "they are stronger" as well as his belief
    in hard anodized rims for the same reason. Fortunately, he is outnumbered by me and the
    wheelbuilder, Dudley (who, unfortunately, misunderstands the concept and purpose of stress
    relieving), so 95% of wheels get built with butted (usually 14/15) spokes.

    I raised a ruckus about the whole thing early on in my "career" and Bob proceded to have spokes
    tested for strength by submitting several to a testing lab for failure (in the tensile mode): 14G,
    15G, 14/15G, and 14/17 DT's. He asked me and Dudley for predictions as to which would break first,
    second, etc., and he submitted his. Guess who was the only one to get the right order?

    But, what the heck, even old dogs can learn new tricks, eh?

    Robin Hubert

  8. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    because it's here?

    "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why?
    >
    > Robin Hubert
    >
    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm gonna write,
    > >
    > > "Lance,
    > >
    > > It was great having a beer with you after our ride the other day. Keep the rubber side down,
    > >
    > > Jim" ... post it here, and say, oops -- sorry -- that was supposed to be
    > private.
    > >

    > > "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Sorry ... this was supposed to be a private e-mail.
    > > >
    > > > Robin Hubert

    <[email protected]>,
    > > > "Robin

    > > > ought