Do you listen to music when you are out training on the bike?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Logic Zero, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Logic Zero

Logic Zero New Member

Just a general curiousity question, I'm wondering how many of you use ipods/mp3 players when you are out cycling.

Also, do you find that if you do listen to music, you end up listening to your favorite songs or more "upbeat" kind of music to get you working a bit harder? Thanks :)

Tags:

2. Sillyoldtwit

Sillyoldtwit New Member

Been done before. Tyson;) http://www.cyclingforums.com/t424339.html

3. Logic Zero

Logic Zero New Member

Ahhh indeed, my bad.

Rather than have a whinge here like in the other thread I would be very grateful if you could just register your vote in the poll so others can check and compare. Cheers!

4. Logic Zero

Logic Zero New Member

Ouch, did I really say that? That was phrased badly, sorry about that it was late last night! I wasn't referring to you specifically whinging at all, it was just a general statement saying could everyone please vote in the poll and not argue like sissy girls like in that other thread :p

5. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

For safety purposes, I avoid doing this. I tend to get distracted in situations like that especially using headphones. It also limits the amount I can hear which can be bad.

6. SkerleeWerg

SkerleeWerg Member

Dude...you just bumped a decade old thread that already had a link posted in it saying it was a repost...

7. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

Yes, I do listen to music when I train on my bike. Well, music is scientifically proved to give many benefits. It releases a chemical known as dopamine in our brain and it stimulates us and gives the 'amazing sensation' to our mind. I love to listen to music while training. I always listen to some rock songs that gives me the motivation.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I am not a music lover and I never experienced riding with music in my ears. But I have a college friend who is a music addict who has an earphone stuck to his ear all the time. Surely the guy would have an ipod to his ears while biking. And what happens if there is danger behind him, how could he hear the warning horn? With music in your ears while riding, you are like a deaf who is courting danger. But it's okay to bring an ipod so you can listen during pit stops, i.e. if don't want to chat with the other riders.

9. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

No I don't, for safety reasons and also I'm new to cycling so I try to concentrate as much as I can while I practice, perhaps when I'm more confident though I would listen to music, my partner cycles and he listens to music until it comes time to cross a road, then he turns the music off.

10. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Not a fan of listening music while riding but I've done it before. It could be pretty distracting when you turn the volume to high to the point of losng awareness. I don't suggest to do this unless you set the volume very low enough to listen to your hostile environment.

topazann likes this.
  11. topazann

topazann New Member

No I dont. I prefer live sound around while riding

12. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Why are you necroposting? This thread had been dead for a decade. We have enough of that going on around here thanks to people like @JSWin without another person doing it.

13. jonthai

jonthai New Member

Of course! I don't think if i hadn't listened to music while I did all my training's, I wouldn't have made it to the end.I usually listen to electronic,nightcore music to get me really pumped up! I use my phone and headphone to listen to music,and I think that it actually improves my physical condition. Maybe it's all in my mind,but maybe it works. who knows?