Do you listen to music while riding? if so, how?

I tried headphones once, but couldn't hear cars coming behind me. I also got a lot of wind noise and found that I had to turn the volume up louder than I should.

I ride with a friend that uses a bluetooth speaker. It works well, and you can hear traffic with it better than with headphones. I think it works better than headphones.

That it works for your friend doesn't mean that it is going to work for you that way. What I will suggest is that you need to be sure that where you ride is a bit safe for riders and not a situation where you get to get into the car lane to avoid some reckless drivers hitting you from the back.

Okay I don't usually listen to music whenever I go cycling. It brings us nearer to having an accident for it makes us less aware with our surroundings. If I were to listen to music while biking, I would decrease the volume and slightly plug my earbuds. This way I can still at least hear the automobile horns or shouts of people near me to let me know that there is something wrong in the place while riding.

A portable speaker is good, one that's handy. It's also nice to be attached on bike while riding, atleast nothing is covering the ears while riding and listening to some good music too.

A portable speaker is good, one that's handy. It's also nice to be attached on bike while riding, atleast nothing is covering the ears while riding and listening to some good music too.
Right, portable speaker is much more better than to headset. You still aware about the vehicles around you. Some times covering your ears with headset will cause an accident, like what happened in our country, one biker die because he was hits by the train, he was not aware about the incoming train, because he was listening to his playlist using the headset.

Reactions: timothypangilinan
It also works just fine to use a bluetooth headset. It's wireless and less hassle, atleast only one part of the ear is covered so you are still able to set your focus on what's happening along the road, while the other part of your ear is going with the flow of the rhythm of some good nusic.

Right, portable speaker is much more better than to headset. You still aware about the vehicles around you. Some times covering your ears with headset will cause an accident, like what happened in our country, one biker die because he was hits by the train, he was not aware about the incoming train, because he was listening to his playlist using the headset.
There are lots of incidents which happened like that. It could be so dangerous to use a headset with a full-range volume while riding particulary when both ears are covered.

There are lots of incidents which happened like that. It could be so dangerous to use a headset with a full-range volume while riding particulary when both ears are covered.
Yeah, you're right. I heard a lot of news about that, even actually not riding a bike, even you just walking along the streets. that's why portable speaker is much more better, we should always aware about the things around us, specially when we are in the public place.

Yeah, you're right. I heard a lot of news about that, even actually not riding a bike, even you just walking along the streets. that's why portable speaker is much more better, we should always aware about the things around us, specially when we are in the public place.
Yes, you're right. Being fully aware and conscious can reduce the chance of being proned to accidents. Awareness is the best thing we can have.

Okay I don't usually listen to music whenever I go cycling. It brings us nearer to having an accident for it makes us less aware with our surroundings. If I were to listen to music while biking, I would decrease the volume and slightly plug my earbuds. This way I can still at least hear the automobile horns or shouts of people near me to let me know that there is something wrong in the place while riding.

Right, and also you can use portable speakers like they said, but I think you don't need that, you said you don't listen to music while biking right? For me, I think I need the music just to become more motivated during biking, music also helps me to focus on biking and not on my body, specially if I already feel tired and some of my body parts are aching.

Yes, I'am listening to music while riding using headphones. If it is not wireless you can put the wires inside your clothes at the back so it won't annoy you while driving. Be sure that the volume is very low so that you can still hear the noise in the surrounding for your safety.

I'd really like to listen to music while I cycle, but I just can't convince myself that it is safe to do so. Perhaps I'm a little bit paranoid in this regard, but I feel that situational awareness is absolutely top priority when cycling, especially on open roads.

It's one thing when I'm mountain biking through an empty forest, and it is nothing but me, my bicycle, and the road. But if I have to share the road with motorists or other cyclists, I feel it's important to have absolute situational awareness.

It's partially because I feel it's important to be aware of your surroundings, and partially because I lack faith in other people's capability to watch out for my safety.

Mobile phone, music list, earphones and set the volume to the center level so I can hear the surounding too while listening to my fave song.

I seldom listen to music while riding. It's not safe for me because I need to hear my surroundings. I don't like to feel anxious due to fear of something coming way and not noticing it due to my music.

I seldom listen to music while riding. It's not safe for me because I need to hear my surroundings. I don't like to feel anxious due to fear of something coming way and not noticing it due to my music.

That's also one of the reason why I don't set my music's volume into its max level.

That's also one of the reason why I don't set my music's volume into its max level.

That's not enough for me. Some incidents could have been avoided had it not been for the music playing. But I guess that's why they're called accidents. You don't know when it's going to happen.