Do you match the colour of your Jerseys to your bike?

SunBurnt

Jun 12, 2004
Just wanna find out if you buy jersey and tights that have the same (or almost) colour as your bike?

Do you think it looks cooler to have matching colours?

SunBurnt said:
Just wanna find out if you buy jersey and tights that have the same (or almost) colour as your bike?

Just nude Ti! :D

serenaslu said:
Just nude Ti! :D
Ok now that would make for an interesting jersey/short combo! Flesh colored with just the right graphics? I wonder how many heads you would turn with such an outfit. LOL!

SunBurnt said:

My bike has a red-silver-white paint scheme and my jersey is red and silver lines here and there, but just black shorts :)

I have a blue FELT, and I wear red/black jersey and helmet, with black/silver shoes. I 'felt' like doing something other than having an entirely matching set. My next step is to get a yellow helmet and yellow jersey, but I gotta find one that doesn't look too much like a Tour leader's jersey.

OMG have you seen me riding? I'm so embarassed! But blue does look good on me doesn't it? So many colors, so little time. One way to look at it is that it simplifies your choices. And let's face it a lot of the Jerseys available are butt ugly, so it helps take the onus off them if they have a color scheme to tone them down. What is about cycling Jerseys that make designers lose their minds. Without naming names, although I'd be happy too if you want, it has been an issue to me as long as I can remember, and I've been riding 30 or so years.

topcat said:
My bike has a red-silver-white paint scheme and my jersey is red and silver lines here and there, but just black shorts :)

You are not by any chance wearing a soccer team jersey are you? :D :D
Can't recall the name of the team though, I believe its in the English Premier League, or is it? :confused:

:cool:

SunBurnt said:

sounds pretty gay to me. (not that there's anything wrong with being gay...but damn, listen to yourself. do you try and match your nail polish, too?)

rv said:
sounds pretty gay to me. (not that there's anything wrong with being gay...but damn, listen to yourself. do you try and match your nail polish, too?)

:cool: it man

SunBurnt said:

As with non-cycling situations, it completely depends on a billion arbitrary things. I've got one or two kits which happen to coordinate (whether by matching colors or a nice contrast) with one or the other of my bikes; I've got some gear which is just its own thing.

What about those team kits? If you're riding the kit sported by your team, club, or company, color-coordination might be hard to avoid -- fly those colors with pride. I tend to wear those kits most often, and the frame connection is subtle: the gear is the same color as the bike's trim, or a set of decals.

Sometimes I feel like riding out in color-coded glory; other times I feel like selecting my stuff blind. To each their own, as is the case with so much in life... and me, I'm a different cat every day.

SunBurnt said:
You are not by any chance wearing a soccer team jersey are you? :D :D
Can't recall the name of the team though, I believe its in the English Premier League, or is it? :confused:

:cool:

No it just happens to be a "real" jersey, my coach gave it to me acutally..... :p (a spare one he had, ive got a few others)

Yellow bike, darker yellow timex jersey (does not look like a tour leaders) black shorts. My helmet is blue, but I am getting a black one this week.